Sleeping Beauty

"Wendy."

"What?" I groan, rolling over on the bed and burying my arms under the cold underside of the pillow.

"Why is there dude on your bed?"

"Huh?" The room was more dim than when I had fallen asleep. Wren stood on the side of the bed, eyeing Vincent, who is fast asleep.

"You're lucky Dad's not home yet."

"Oh crap. I forgot he was there."

"Why is he there exactly?"

"He came over to give me something I forgot to take back on the trip. He was looking at my room and accidentally fell asleep." Well, Vincent didn't do it accidentally, but I wasn't going to tell Wren and make her even more curious.

"Then why are you on the bed with him?" Wren asked, almost teasingly. "You know what? I don't want to know. Well, when Dad gets home and sees him, he probably won't leave alive."

"You're right." I sit up and inch closer to Vincent, who's laying on his stomach with the left side of his face pressed on the pillow. Gently, I start to poke at his arm. "Hey, Vincent. You should get up." He rolls over onto his back and his eyes stay shut. "Vincent-"

I don't know why I didn't already expect this. Of course, Vincent pulls me onto to him, without knowing that Wren is in the room. And as always, my struggles to escape is never successful. I keep looking awkwardly towards Wren, embarrassed. Wren doesn't say anything and leaves the room laughing under her breath.

"Vincent! You idiot. My sister was in here!" I scold once Wren was gone.

Vincent starts to open his eyes and his mouth curls up into a playful grin.

"What? I can't even hug my buddy?"

"I've never seen you hug any of the guys like this," I scoff.

"You wouldn't know. You're not at our sleepovers," Vincent jokes. For a moment, I forget that I'm still spread on top of Vincent. I quickly sit back up and Vincent doesn't stop me or pull me back down. Instead, he pushes himself up to sit.

"Vincent, you can't hug me. People will misunderstand. I would misunderstand."

"What do you mean misunderstand? We're buddies," he coos.

"I'm serious, Vincent. We wouldn't want people to think our relationship is anything but a simple, friendship."

Vincent doesn't respond and looks closely at me with his eyebrows knit together. Did I say something wrong?

"What am I saying? I mean look at me," I laugh, "No one would think that."

There's a long pause before Vincent starts to speak, "Wendy, I think you're-"

"Wendy! Why is there motorcycle in the front?" Dad is up the stairs and at my door in a flash. He opens his mouth to talk when he sees me, but shuts it when he spots Vincent sitting on my bed with me. "Who's this?"

"He's Vincent. The classmate I told you I'm tutoring," I nervously respond.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Lee."

"Nice to meet you too," Dad replies slowly.

"We were just studying for a biology quiz. That's okay with you, right?" I try to quickly make up an excuse. Though, it's a lame and dumb one because there no biology notes or textbooks in sight. "I mean, we just finished."