Shane's POV

I opened my eyes squinting at the bright lights. There was a heart monitor beeping in the distance and I could hear someone talking.
"Shane sweetie you're awake." My mom was by my side and holding my arm.

It hurt to smile but I did. My whole body honestly hurt so much. I sat up slowly on the bed and my mom helped me. She was helping me a lot and called a doctor in. When he came in he just talked and talked. I just wanted to see Sam.

I can't believe I've been in the hospital for 2 days. When the doctor was done talking I chatted with my mom. I kept asking her questions but she really didn't answer them. I asked her where Sam, Kelly, and Eric where at.

My mom said Sam was home asleep but was coming this way. Kelly was in another room getting treated and hasn't woken up yet. Eric was dead. He was the guy that was being treated by all the paramedics. What will Kelly do when she finds out?

Even though I didn't know Eric that much it hurt to know that he was dead. I hope Kelly takes it well but than again no one can take a death well. When I was thinking about all that has happened Sam came in running.

"I came as fast as I could" Sam said running in but tripping. She was clumsy but she was still a little hurt. My mom helped her up as she carefully laid on the bed. She gave me a light hug making sure she doesn't harm me.

"I'm still in pain but I couldn't just stay home." When she talked I leaned into her and she rubbed my hand. My other arm was in a cast and had cuts with bruises over my body. "Hey Shane sweetie I called over your friend Luke. Is that okay?"

Without even thinking of what my mom said I nodded my head just holding onto Sam. After a few minutes we all looked up to see Luke knocking at the door. "Hey Shane. Sorry to hear that you well you know..."

I smiled at him and continued to hug Sam. "It's okay Luke." He looked at me a little funny when I was hugging Sam. I just brushed it off because Sam was here with me. "Mom do they know who hit us?" I asked lifting my head up looking at her. She shook her head yes.

She said it was some other kids that go to our school. They didn't see our vehicle and they were just being reckless. Although I find that hard to believe. She said that they weren't really hurt because their big truck damaged ours the most. The worst they got was well a few cuts, bruises, and one also had a broken arm.

The image was stuck in my head. All I could see was the truck we had was upside down and theirs was only to the side. There was also so much blood and the body. The guy who was being treated was Eric. He was dead and the rest of us were alive.

Luke sat down in an empty chair beside the bed and started to talk with my mom.

"Hey Shane me and Samantha are going to get some food." My mom said before leaving. Before Samantha left she ran back up to me and kissed me. I kissed her back holding in the little pain that surged through my body when I leaned forward. "I love you Shane I'll be back." Sam said with a huge smile running to catch up with my mom.

"I love you too Sam." I said with a smile and watched her leave my sight. Luke looked up and said hello to break the silence. I just smiled as he sat in the chair. I just stayed sitting up and asked him for some water. He got up and got a plastic cup near the sink and filled it up.

I took the cup and drank some of it. I gave it back to Luke who put it on the table near the sink again. " I didn't know Samantha was your girlfriend." Luke said looking at me. I just nodded my head and looked back at the wall in front of me.

The time was going by so slow it was killing me that Sam wasn't here with me. Luke kept talking and I didn't talk that much. In fact I really didn't talk at all. Finally I said something. "Shane I'm sorry that your friend didn't survive the crash." Luke said and I just almost broke into tears.

"I just don't know why or how that happened. One second we're okay and I'm hugging Sam and the next I am holding her tightly so she doesn't get hurt. I am glad she's okay." I said almost about to cry. After a few seconds I did start crying. Luke sat on the bed and brought me into a hug.

I wanted Sam here because she could make me happy. Luke would just have to be okay for now but I wanted Sam. I finally moved away from Luke and he sat back in the chair. He looked at me like he was mad. It could just be me though.

We started talking again and by we I mean him. He just kept talking trying to get me to talk but I didn't. Luke stood up and grabbed the cup of water handing it to me. I just looked at it and he tried handing it to me. I took it and just held it.

"Just finish the water Shane. I swear you're just a child." Luke said but I just tried handing it back. I gave in and took a sip. He didn't take it back still. "I don't want anymore water right now.." I said handing it to him. I was so frustrated because he wouldn't take it so I dropped it on the floor.

Luke just grabbed some paper towels to clean it up. "I'm trying to help here Shane. You are just being a stubborn b-" Luke said stopping before he finished the sentence. "Luke just leave if you can't stand me." I said looking at him angrily.

He just sat back on the bed and started yelling at me. I yelled back and it was a continuous argument.
"Well you know what Luke you are the shittiest friend I've ever ha-"
Luke interrupted me when his lips met mine. Without thinking I punched Luke in the jaw as hard as I could.

"What the hell. Why the fuck did you kiss me just leave!" I yelled as he held his jaw and I held my fist. He left and I wish I could have punched him more. I wish he was never my friend

~~~

○○○○Aurthor's Note○○○○

Shane's POV has just been updated. He will forever love Sam and not anyone else. Now he's mad at his friend for kissing him. He just also doesn't know Luke saw the crash and didn't to colesaw. Yes I said colesaw. My best wishes to poor Shane. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Thx for reading

Comment and vote if you'd like

Kitten_zombie was here writing this Chapter @5:57pm