Zane: Zen misfit

Zane instantly stood out from the others. Unable to gauge her personality the team blew hot and cold over her. Was she aloof? Thoughful? Quiet? All of the above? Whatever, they accepted her and soon found the best thing was to let her be. With all this confusion around her, Zane simply ignored it, preferring to meditate between training, which unfortunately didn't help the team bond with her. In the evenings she would attempt to join in the teams conversations but found it difficult. She couldn't really understand why she did not know about many of the things they discussed and why she had never had any of the experiences the others shared. Her life had been harmonious before this; she wandered the country helping the needy, offering her services at farms for bed and board. In fact she could not remember a time before that and would frequently zone out to consider why this was. She could only ever remember being alone and it didn't seem to be changing. Even in this close group she was not being accepted and felt that if she could understand whom she was and where she had come from, she may be able to move on.

Aside from her differences, Zane proved herself every bit as fierce as her teammates and the training yard was where she finally began to earn some respect. Whether it would make her friends had yet to be seen. Initially she had trained alone until Sensei Wu forced them to train together as a team. She had no connection with these people and showed them no mercy. She was clean, thorough and deadly. Though she had been training for the same time as the rest of the team she picked up everything immediately and combined moves naturally to be able to counter anything that was thrown at her. While scaring the bejeezus out of her teammates it also had a strange effect. They were individually drawn to her as an enigma. Cole came to practice Yoga with her one day, which became their thing. She sorted out a few painful mathematical problems for Nya and soon became a part time assistant for him. Jay did not know how to talk to Zane at all, so offered to do her hair, which turned into a regular occurrence in front of the TV; Jay would create stunning braided styles, which everyone agreed suited Zane very well. When little Lloyd appeared on the scene and it was obvious she wasn't going anywhere, Zane would keep her out of trouble by making cakes with her. Zane found this time in the kitchen incredibly enjoyable and found a love for the culinary arts, where she finally found the way to their hearts was through their stomachs.