Jay: Scrapyard cutie

Jay grew up at an isolated scrapyard. Spending her time helping her father build things she found she had an aptitude for it and secretly amended all her fathers creations so they would actually work. She would spend most evenings entranced by TV and movies and would live in her mind, away from the grime and grease of the Scrapyard. She would imagine her life as an adventurous romance like in her favourite movies with Frieda Donagan. A natural beauty she has always felt she was destined for greater things and had a 'grass is greener mentality' about anywhere other than the scrapyard. Her parents would take her into the city for day trips but Jay would feel embarrassed the whole time and act out. The patched together jalopy and their simple country traits would make her cringe, feeling that everyone around them were so much more sophisticated and would be judging them and her. It is not until later, when she has experienced a different type of hardship with the team that she begins to understand the importance of family and friendship above all other things.

Jay has a slight hero worship and a huge crush for Nya. Not only does Nya's cool persona and striking good looks make her go weak, but his random acts of kindness make him absolute cat nip to her. Even though he will avoid her most of the time, she is always taken by surprise when she least expects it. He will bring her a small gift, something he has made, a flower or make her a drink. This usually happens when she has just about given up on him and starts the whole obsession over again. Unfortunately she doesn't notice that he does this for everyone and is convinced he is trying to let her know how he feels! All this drives her teammates slightly mad, especially Kai, who will simply leave the room if she starts talking about Nya in front of her.

Apart from her immediate attraction to Nya, Jay made immediate friends with Cole. The two are chalk and cheese; Jay being scatty, cute and whiney and Cole, strong, straight talking and brooding; but somehow they work well together. Cole is able to block out the majority of squeaks that come from Jay but will put her straight whenever she crosses a line. Jay will only accept this from Cole, perhaps because she knows Cole could squish her if she so wished. Jay is also in awe of Cole's Amazonian physique and she will train with Cole in particular to pick up tips and try to emulate her. Jay will borrow Cole's clothes in an attempt to look cool and impress Nya but the ripped black tank tops and slouchy track pants swamp her petite frame and she unfortunately resembles a very pretty vagrant.