"Look who's talking!" Nate exclaimed and started to clap. Kate who was standing in the shadows, drew herself back as though she sensed danger.

"I do not know you! Let me go!"

I made a step back and swiftly, two unwelcome hands grabbed me by the waist.

He smelled alcohol.

I struggled to free myself from this monster.

"Aren't you happy? You and me, we met again, didn't we?," he sighed and pulled my blonde wig off. The chestnut brown curls fell off to my shoulders.

"I missed you, Jenevie ."

"And I did not miss you Nathaniel!"

He smiled awkwardly. "You are lying, sweetheart. I know when you lie."

I fought him back. His hold was tight against my feminine frame.

"Let me go you fucking idiotic scumbag! Let me go!" I shouted as he dragged me towards an ante chamber.

I felt so alone.

Where are you, Adrian?

"So that bitch told you about me?" I asked him as he dragged me.

"Well a couple of bitches, if I am correct," he said. "You've already met Bitch number one, and bitch number two is Mrs. Wolf, you lawfully wedded stepmother."

That sluttish whore.

"I'm not surprised," I exclaimed, "why don't you just let me go? I'm sure we could talk this out. I mean we could end this here."

He pushed me to the adjoining room. I landed on the floor.

The room had no lights; it was pitch black.
The floor was so wet.
And I could tell that it was not water.

"You are right, sweetheart ." Nate said as he produced a lighter in his hand, "Maybe we should end this. Right here, right now."

The lighter flicked into a spark of fire.

What is he doing?

"Do you know why I came after you?" He teased, admiring the flame that stood ignited in his palm, "I tried to live in the world that you live in. But I can't. You destroyed my heart, you told me you were mine and then you took what was mine. In my world, sweetheart, everything that belongs to me belongs to me!"

He smirked.

"Sweetheart, if I cannot own that one thing I owned before, why leave it for someone else?"

I was stupefied.

"Serena!"

It was Adrian, panting beside the door of the adjoining room. His hair was drenched with sweat, his eyebrows were ceased into an expression of anxiety. Truly, earlier, I had thought that Adrian reminded me of Nate, but staring at both of them, Adrian was no comparison to Nate.

Adrian's an angel and Nate's a demon.

Our eyes met.

"Serena! There's gasoline on the floor and the guy's got a lighter in his hands!"

Nate turned his gaze at Adrian and grinned. "Hey bro, this girl's mine. Back off."

Adrian was trying to lunge at Nate.

Nate was too dangerous and I didn't want Adrian to interfere. Nate was my business. Everything that was happening to me was a result of my bad doing.