me and you

My favorite song of all time; A thousand years by Christina Perri. Which song would you recommend?

Quote

There's no hiding from your soulmate,
They will find you,
You will fall.
And they
Will stay.

~Pinterest

Serena

By the time the flight landed in California airport, it was getting dark. With no intention of visiting Gemma or Peter who had just finished his damn honeymoon with Vanessa, I sheepishly told the taxi to take me to the last place where I could go.

It was over.

Adrian. It was a beautiful name. A beautiful name that belonged to the most beautiful person I've ever met in my life.
And that's exactly why I'm letting him go.

I didn't want to be his ruin. His regret.
The life I began as Serena Waltz was on the verge of its end, I could see the end of everything. Now with Adrian gone, I had no hopes at all, the end seemed at an arms distance.

Driving through the old California roadways, I let myself cry.
I cried because I felt so lonely.

There was no one for me in this world.

***

"What's wrong Serena? Did something bad happen when you were there?"

S17; the only friend that I could trust, asked me as she handed me a glass of sparkling wine. Judging by the expression written on her face that was concealed with a black masquerade mask, I knew that she was concerned.

"I couldn't stay in the same place for a very long time," I said, sipping the wine, " Besides you know it's risky."

She grinned.

"Where are you planning to go?"

I hesitated. I have been asking myself the same thing.

"South Korea," I blurted and S17 laughed.

"What's so funny?"

She rolled her eyes at me. "Something tells me that cuteness will rule the whole world one day."

I faked a smile.

"You are not in a good mood, are you?" S17 asked me, sipping her champagne.

"Why?"

She gulped.

"You look pathetic," she said, "You look as if you had died a thousand deaths."

"You're not even near Katherine," I told her, "Besides it's better to die a thousand deaths than feel what I am feeling right now."

"And how awful is that Jeeps?"

Jeeps. I missed that nickname.

"Well, you wouldn't relate to what I'm feeling," I sighed, "but if you would like to know... can you imagine what it feels like when someone you loved says goodbye forever? Yeah, imagine everyone of them saying goodbye... that's exactly what I'm feeling."