Chapter 21: Why.

*Ella'sP.O.V*

I walked into the kitchen to see Caylee making fries, "Cheese?" I asked and she looked at me and smiled. I grabbed a small pan and cheese, I set the pan on the stove and turned the burner on. I placed the cheese on the counter, "Who wants some cheese fries?" I looked over the counter. "Are you making them?" Troy yelled. "Yes!" Everyone raised their hands. I sliced the block of cheese in four pieces and put two pieces in the pan.

"Make a lot of fries." I said turning around she already had 14 small bowls filled. "Never mind." We laughed. I placed the other two pieces in the pan and moved it around with a spoon. "So what's going on with you and Niall?" Caylee said putting the bowls on the counter next to me. I looked at her, "I don't know." The cheese melted all the way in the pan and was hot. I switched off the burner and dipped the spoon in and drizzled some on the fries. "Well at least he isn't depressed anymore." I stopped and set the pan down. "Depressed?" She nodded. "Yeah, management forced him to 'be happy." I let out a puff of air before I started up again.

Once I finished the bowls and everyone had gotten theirs I grabbed a plate and put about 10 fries on there and put some cheese on top. I grabbed the bottle of ketchup from there fridge and squirted a little on the side. I sat on the floor and silently and slowly started to eat. I can only eat a few before I feel sick, I set the plate on the counter and picked my phone up. I dialed Mitch's number and put it to my ear, letting it ring only a few times. "Hey bumble bee." I shook my head. "Hey stripes." He laughed, "Why are you sitting on the floor?" I looked around. "How do you know I'm sitting on the floor?" I asked and stood up.

I walked to the front door and dropped my phone, I ran outside to my awaiting friends. "Guys!" I yelled tearing up and crashed into Mitch. "Ella are you-" Luke came running out. "Oh my gosh!" He hugged Sarah and Nicole causing them to laugh. "Are you okay Ella?" He whispered in my ear. I tightened my grip on him, "I'm not sure, but I'm so happy y'all are here." I rocked a little. We backed away and I squeezed Sarah and Nicole, "Ella Wella." They both said. I looked at them, only one person calls me that, "Troy!" I looked at him. "Ella Wella!" The four of them said in baby voices.

I ran to Troy and he ran the other way. I ran after him and tripped but played it off and did a flip. I kept running after him but stopped when I saw an unfamiliar car stop in front of us. It had 'ARMY STRONG' written in black bubble letters printed on the side. A tall guy got out in his uniform and slid on his hat, he shut the door and opened the back door. He bent down and I looked back to my friends walking towards us. I looked back at the guy who now had white roses in his hands. I looked at Troy and he stood next to me. The man made his way into the grass and kept his head down so you couldn't see his face.

"Is that-" Troy said but was cut off by my screaming voice, "BRYAN!" I ran to him and hugged him. He fell back on his butt and laughed pulling Troy into the family hug. I felt tears coming from my eyes. "You're alive." Troy breathed out. I laughed, "No!" He pushed me a little. "Your gift is in the backseat, don't refuse I think you'll like it." Troy got up and opened the car door. I got up too and helped Bryan up, "These are for you, I did get the right ones right?" I nodded and threw my arms around his neck. I was crying like a baby and Bryan was squeezing me.

"I missed you so much." I kissed his cheek. "I missed you a lot Ella, it's undescribable." We pulled away and he kissed my head. I smelled the flowers, "Thank you so much, not just for the flowers for fighting." He smiled and took his hat off and placed it over his heart. "I did it for you two and mom." I smiled and looked back at Troy. "Alexa?" She smiled at me. Her long brown hair went perfectly with her light brown eyes. She had on pink shorts and a plain white 'V' neck shirt, along with tan Toms. "Oh my gosh you are gorgeous!" She said hugging me. "No, you look amazing!" I said  then smiled and walked to my friends.