—————————————————

Itachi was on cloud nine, he could not believe his luck. The person he had been yearning for, was a lady. He did not mind Teiji as a male, but he was certain his stupid clan would not. This would make things much easier than it was before. He just had to wait for Tenten's answer. But he was positive that she liked him just as much. He had not felt this amount of joy exploding within himself. He was strolling down towards the Uchihaa compound, yes strolling, before he bumped into a familiar figure right outside the doorstep of the Uchihaa compound. He held onto her arms to stop her from falling towards him.

"And I thought you could read minds.." Itachi mused at his beautiful ANBU senior before him, who smirked in return.

"I can. Was extremely happy to read your mind that I got distracted...I couldn't believe it! Itachi-Kun! You have finally found someone that you feel safe with. I am pretty sure you will not even think of running away again.." Airin exclaimed heartily before Itachi did the most peculiar thing, he pulled Airin closer towards him and hugged her warmly.

"Thank you, Airin-Senpai. I am glad you find this piece of information, enlightening. Used to hate the fact that you could read minds, but now, it feels wonderful to know that I have a friend who cares about my thoughts. You are right, I will not let her out of my sight. I will not leave this place ever.." Itachi stopped when he heard something crashed.

He turned his head to the side to meet the faces of both his parents, his Mother had accidentally dropped a vase onto the floor while his Father looked at both of them with astonishment plastered across his face.

"Otou-San? Kaa-San?" Itachi asked his parents worriedly, his eyes then slowly darted towards Airin who was still in his embrace, she gave a small knowing smile before she rolled her eyes. "Airin-Senpai? What is happening?"

Before she could reply, Fugaku cleared his throat and pointed a shaky finger towards Airin before he stammered, "I-it's t-true? A-are you..I-is she..? Are the two of you having an affair behind Kakashi's back?"

Itachi let go of Airin from his grasp to face palm his own face, hard. "Oh Brother.." Itachi exhaled.

—————————————————

After explaining for around 1/2 an hour to his parents in the presence of Airin and Kakashi himself, Fugaku finally came into terms that his Son was in love with another. He was finally convinced that the relationship shared between Airin and his Son were platonic- nothing more of unrelated sibling love.

"What.. Drove you to this conclusion?" Kakashi asked curiously, his hand absently intertwined with Airin's left hand which was resting on his lap.

Fugaku sighed, "Well.. If anyone were to catch Itachi's heart should undoubtedly be beautiful. He had never even batted an eyelid towards any woman. He would also be close to that person. So I suspected Airin-San. She had the entire package plus she and Itachi are close. Just that she is married to you.."

Airin chuckled quietly before she started, "Having one husband is already a handful. I don't think I can handle being in an affair.. Is that okonomiyaki I smell?"

Mikoto nodded gently before she ushered Airin and Kakashi to the dining room, leaving Fugaku and Itachi alone.

"Itachi..." Fugaku started but was interrupted by his son.

"I love her father. I know you and the clan will not agree to it, but I do not wish to spend the rest of my life with any other woman. It might be hard for you to accept it, given the fact that she is not from any prestigious clan but..." Itachi stopped when his father raised a hand up.