The Engagement

Comincia dall'inizio

"Look at me." Itachi persuaded gently.

Tenten did so, she was pretty sure that she would meet the angry red sharingan eyes, but instead, a pair of dark coal gentle eyes stared back at her. Itachi held both her shoulders delicately before he started, "Do you know when exactly I have fallen in love with you?"

Tenten shook her head, her face was now red as Itachi moved closer towards her, she could even smell his notable scent due to the closeness of their bodies; peppermint. Itachi bent his head down and whispered softly in Tenten's ear, "The day you transformed into a woman during the Mission. I thought I was going mad for falling in love with a henge of you. Afterwards, I fell in love with your behaviour, then your laughter, then your voice and that was when I realised, I love you irregardless. No matter who you are. I am in love with you. This makes everything way easier.."

"Senpai~ oomph~!" was all that Tenten managed to say before Itachi's mouth crashed into hers. She returned it gently, it was a nice feeling, her heart fluttered a little when his lips were onto hers, when she opened her eyes, she was oddly hoping to see pale lavender eyes but were met with coal dark eyes. Her eyes widened before she thought quietly, "What was that?!"

Itachi broke the kiss and held onto her hand, "Takagi Tenten, I love you. I will wait for you." With that, Itachi left the room, leaving Tenten to her thoughts.

—————————————————

Neji was still standing firmly in front of the room, he had activated his byakugan (despite the strict restriction of doing so within the Hyuuga household) and saw, the kiss. His heart broke into a million tiny pieces. He felt betrayed of his affections which left his heart in shattered disarray of pieces. The view of the kiss made it impossible for him to put himself back together. Yet, he was the one who brought them together, he was the one who yearned for Tenten's happiness. Her happiness, equates to his sadness. Neji held onto his chest, it felt like his heart was forcing its way out of his chest, he started to inhale and exhale loudly before he heard a loud cough coming from his right, he turned to see his Uncle, Hiashi, motioning Neji to join him. They sat down quietly on the floor before Hiashi cleared his throat and said, "Neji.. Are you.. Alright?"

Neji nodded as he spoke up, "Yes, just a little heart burn that's all. Hiashi-Sama, Uchihaa Itachi has revealed that he harbours feelings towards Takagi-San. He almost did the unthinkable; introducing Takagi-San to his clan members in his male form. But I have talked both out of it, Takagi-San had revealed that she is in fact a lady posing as a man all these whole. Itachi will be looking after her from now on. May I request that you remove me as her official protector..."

"No." Hiashi interrupted.

Neji flinched a little before he continued, "Hiashi-Sama.. Itachi is a highly capable shinobi. I am pretty sure he can protect Takagi-San.."

"Neji.." Hiashi's form voice started, "Itachi is a capable shinobi but you are her Friend aren't you? He might like her more than a Friend but the relationship that you and Tenten have is something that even an Uchihaa prodigy can't take away. She needs you more than anything now. Has she revealed that she shares the same emotions towards Itachi? Has she said out the words yet?"

Neji thought Long and hard and he realised his answer was "No.."

"Neji, listen. I am sorry but I can't retract my previous orders.. Given the circumstances.. There is something that your Father wanted me to pass on to you.. When the time calls for it. I cannot think of a much destined timing other than this. Here you go." With that Hiashi thrusted an old looking envelope that had Hyuuga Hizashi's neat handwriting on it. It wrote ; To Neji.