•Chapter 11•

•Sinbad's POV•

"Sin!" I heard from the entrance to my room.

I knew it was Ja'far, so I take it Al telling him didn't go too well.

"Yes?" I asked already nervous.

"I want to hear it from you." He responded slamming the door behind him.

I knew exactly what he was talking about. Of course I knew, it was rare to see Ja'far this pissed.

"Hear what?"

"Sin, yes or no. Are you having sex with my sister?"

I didn't understand why he was so mad.

"Ja'far..." I started before he grew this sudden look of realization on his face.

"Seriously?!" He shouted running a hand across his face.

"Yes. Why are you so upset?"

He lightly chuckled at this and shook his head.

"'Why'?" He started lightly, "'Why'? She's my sister, Sin. She took care of me as soon as I was born because our good for nothing parents were off getting drunk. I know that you had feelings for her, but when I found out she left you can't even imagine what I went through."

~•About Ten Years ago•~

"Where's Al?" I asked looking at Sin.

He had called this meeting much to the surprise of the generals. Usually it was my sister that called the meetings. Either her or me.

But I hadn't heard from Al in a few days. And that was kind of abnormal for us. Al and I were close, ever since we were reunited we were nearly inseparable.

Sure she went on little missions for Sin here and there. But before she left she would always say goodbye to me. She was a very dangerous person and she knew that there was always someone after her.

Even here she had visitors, but she was in the most secure place imaginable, with some of the strongest people in existence.

Out side of this country she always had to be cautious.

Where was she?

"She's gone." He said, a pained look evident on his face.

"What?" I asked lowly. I felt a lump in the back of my throat begin to form and a deep feeling of loneliness began in my chest. "What do you mean gone?"

"She... she left."

"...why?"

I ignored the others in this room and I'm damn sure he was doing the same. Sure they were good friends with her and she had left her mark on each and every one of them.

But she was my sister. And she was Sin's only love.  It was different for us.

"I don't know." He whispered. "She said she needed to take care of business."

"And you just left it at that?!" I yelled.

Up until this point Sin had had his head down and when he lifted it I saw his eyes.

They were red and puffy. He had been crying.

"That's all. Meeting dismissed."

"Sin!"

"I said meeting dismissed." He murmured over his shoulder as he turned to walk away from me.

~•present•~

"Why didn't you push her? Why would you let her leave?" He asked me as I heard someone nearing the door.

"Ja'far..." I started once again just to be cut off again.

"She was my only flesh and blood. You can't imagine how I felt when I saw she had a son that looked just like you! Why couldn't you just confess like a normal person? Why couldn't you just...! Why'd you have to get her pregnant?" He paused and I saw a few tears fight their way out, and unbeknownst to me Aaliyah stood outside of the doorway listening to our conversation. "She was probably so alone. She had to tell her son that he couldn't ever meet his father. She gave birth alone. She was always alone. Why couldn't you be there for her. I thought you said you had feelings for her!"

"You're right, Ja'far. She was alone. Pregnant and all alone in a foreign country. But I loved her. I still love her. I'm in love with Aaliyah. Ja'far please, Aaliyah needs your approval."

"... I don't want her to leave again." He mumbled, "What are you going to do, Sin."

"I'm going to announce Nadir as my heir then I'm going to marry Al."

Ja'far chuckled lightly and put a smile on his face, "I'm not so sure that Nadir and Al will agree to your plan. Alright... as long as you make Aaliyah happy, I'll allow you to see her. But no more unprotected sex. I don't need a new niece or nephew right now."

"No promises." I laughed.

"No." Aaliyah said opening my door and making the both of us wonder if she'd heard the entire talk. "I promise we won't be having a kid anytime soon."

"But... you said-"

"Sin, were not having a kid. Not anytime in the near future. Thanks to my poor decisions you have ten years to make up with Nadir."

"I want another one though."

"The entire country is being targeted right now, Sin. Do you really think bringing a new life into all of this would be good?"

His eyes brightened and smiled, "Al. I plan on having a great many children with you. So the sooner the better."

"Have you even ran this by her?" Ja'far interjected, "Al probably doesn't want more kids."

"Ja'far's right. Nadir is all I need. Maybe down the line more but for the next few years I have a rebellious teen to deal with."

"We." I corrected staring at Al. "'We have a rebellious teen to deal with.'"

"You're right, 'we'. And 'we' don't need another kid at the moment."

"I'll convince you somehow, Al. Someway, somehow."

"Alright, I hate this." Ja'far said walking away, "We have a generals meeting at 3:00, Al. Don't be late."

~Scarlet