•Chapter 8•

•Aaliyah's POV•

"No... sadly I'm not."

"You realize that this means your son is the only heir of Sindria." Ja'far sighed looking disappointed.

"I know." I whispered.

"Why would you leave Al?" This was something he hadn't called me since we were very young. And his eyes looked sad just as they did when I'd left him for the first time, "You know that Sin would've been a great father. And he would've made Nadir and you so happy. The people of this country would've accepted you  with a open heart. Back then they loved you almost as much if not the same as they loved Sin. But you left all the same... why?"

"I-I've thought about it thousands of times. And if I could go back and change my decision I would. But back then I thought it best if Nadir grew up outside of royalty. Nadir is... a really good kid. And I love him to death, but I don't think he'll ever fully understand why I did what I did."

"Do you understand why you did what you did?" Ja'far asked eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes! Or... At least I used to." I said confusing even myself.

"What exactly does that mean?" He asked joining my confusion.

"When I first found out about my pregnancy. All I could think about is how neither I nor Sinbad was capable of properly raising a child. And as Nadir grew up and as I actually became an adult, I realized that my son didn't deserve to be raised without a father. That the person Nadir would grow up to be needed someone that could help him become the person he needed to be." I said to Ja'far.

"But you did nothing?" He asked confused, "Why did you not bring him back?"

"That was immediately after I gave birth to Nadir. I was too scared to return." I admitted.

"What about later? There were many opportunities for you to return." He asked.

"Actually, I returned once. It was when Nadir was around 3. I never showed my face to any of the generals. Just to that Aaron kid, do you remember him?" I admitted smirking.

"Yeah, I remember him. I tried to see if he knew anything about your whereabouts. Sin also tagged along, yet he was still absolutely crushed at that time."

"Um... how long was Sinbad like that?" I asked

"He was crushed for about a year. Then for around 6 months he was really angry. Then he was sad again. Then we couldn't even talk about you for the next year and a half. Then for the next 7 years he looked for you non-stop. I did help for the first 2 years or so... but I kind of gave up. Though Sin he wouldn't accept the fact you were gone." Ja'far explained.

"And you...?" I asked eyebrows raised.

"I went through pretty much the same cycle as I did when you left for the first time. At first I was pissed. Then I missed you. But I realized that everything you do has a hidden purpose. So... please tell me really why you left."

"I already told you... becau-" I started.

"No Aaliyah you're my sister I know you. Why did you leave?" He cut me off.

"...there... there are two reasons. At first, before the hard facts hit me, I was happy. I love Sinbad, he is a great person. One problem was, the people of Sindria are amazing people they are loving and supportive people. But they would put him on a pedestal. One he would never step down from he'd be a lazy royal, arrogant of the world around him. But the second reason, and my reason for truly not telling anybody where I went, was my former enemies. They all knew exactly where I was, and they often came after me, they would do anything to get back at me. And I feel that's what happened when this all started. Nobody knew who I was in that village. And anybody who tried to find me could not. Both Nadir and I were safe. And that was really all I cared about."

"Al you know that you would've been happily accepted as Sin's lover. Actually back then I think he was quite content on marrying you."

"Okay so maybe just maybe the people would've accepted us. But still this woman who is attacking Sindria is probably doing it because of me." I explained just wanting to stop this conversation.

"Al, Sindria has a great many enemies. You're not the only one here who has a past." Ja'far sighed.

"I'm the one with the most dangerous past though. Back before I joined you guys do you remember how many very powerful enemies I had. I'll give you a hint, the number is in the higher triple digits. I killed for money, Ja'far. People hate me for reason, I know that. You took over after me, you were the replacement Ja'far. So many people gate me I lost count. That's why I left."

He stayed quiet for a second before looking at me with his eyes full of pain. And for a moment, just for a moment, I saw the Ja'far of 20 years ago. The Ja'far that didn't know what the future held or what kind of hardship he'd endure.

"You could've told me." He whispered before turning to leave.

"Ja'far! Wait!" I stopped him, "I'm sorry, okay."

"Promise... you won't do it again?" He asked still facing away from me pulling his arm back.

"Ja'far... you know I can't do that. I'll go where I have to, to protect Nadir."

"Did you ever think that maybe Sindria was best for Nadir?! That maybe he should know his family?! That Sin... loved you?" He said finally turning around and I was able to see the anger hatred and sadness in his eyes.

Something he hadn't shown me in a long time.

"I'm sorry."

"If you're so sorry then promise not to leave! You keep on saying that-" Ja'far stopped when a hand was put on his shoulder.

"That's enough Ja'far." Sin said as I refused to make eye contact.

"Sorry, Sin. It's just... you were my sister... we used to be close. But now it's like you're a stranger to me."

Ja'far forced his gaze to the ground and walked out of the room, leaving me alone with Sinbad.

"What do you want?" I asked running a hand through my hair.

"Same thing Ja'far wants. For you to stay."

I exhaled frustration evident before talking, "And I'll tell you what I'm sure you heard me tell Ja'far. I can't promise that, I'll go wherever I need to to protect my son."

Sinbad closed the door and walked over to me before replying, "You keep saying 'my son' he's our son. And I want to know our son. I didn't think that was too much to ask, Al."

"I'm doing what's best for him." I said harshly.

"No. You're doing what's convenient. What the easiest possibly solution is." I didn't say anything. I just looked at him and saw hurt in his eyes too. It seemed that I was causing a lot of that as of late, "Al don't leave."

I furrowed my eyebrows together and said, "Why. Why can't I go?"

"Because I still love you, you idiot."

I'm so sorry.

I don't have an excuse, just know to expect more regular updates.
~Scarlet