Chapter 1

So, today is the day I steal something big.

And I've stolen important records from Atlas and even Signal.

Some of their students are top notch.

Atlas is behind, however there are a few students that stand out there.

But that's not important.

I'd considered going for Beacon Academy, but that headteacher Ozpin, is too strong.

Even for me, he'd find me within seconds.

All the information on students I got was enough to pay my rent for the next 12 years, however if I got this job off I'd never have to work again.

There is this little... group in the forests surrounding Vale, some of the items they're holding are extremely valuable to the right buyer.

Thankfully my face had never been seen so I could easily pawn my items out for good money.

I picked up my weapon off the table, it was a simple knife. I'd never liked really fancy shit, just keep it simple, a knife to the throat will kill someone just as well as a bullet through the skull.

I stretched my shoulders and prepared for the long journey, my sources tell me that this camp is roughly a 4 hour trek from where I am living so I'd have to make sure that I had plenty of supplies.

I'd have to make camp and avoid them for a night, so anything would be useful.

I grabbed my backpack from the kitchen and put some food in it, beans... things you can make with barely an resources.

Though, I did take a box of chocolates... I mean, it's chocolate who can deny that.

I headed to my bedroom and pulled the handle to my walk in wardrobe. When I stepped inside I reached blindly to the left and hit a switch.

The back wall spun around and showed all my 'gadgets'

Every criminal mastermind has a secret stash somewhere.

My gadgets are in the wardrobe, and I'd rather not mention where I keep my stolen goods.

I grabbed a flashlight (which also has a collapsible blade) and a grappling hook.

From what I'd heard they're staying somewhere in the forest however, Emerald forest is notorious for its horrific hills and cliff faces. It's basically the worst place in the world to get stranded without some sort of help.

After collecting everything I would need I pressed the switch again and left the wardrobe.

"See you later Bed, I could do with more sleep but I've got a schedule to keep."

If all goes right, I have a meeting with a buyer for the artifacts I'm going to steal on Sunday, today being Wednesday at 3 am gives me about 5 days to get back, which should be plenty of time but...

The leader of this... I'll call them a clan; is extremely strong, Raven Branwen is her name.

She's a fairly well known huntress and she went to Beacon with her twin brother.

She met Summer Rose and Tai but that's not important.

She's going to be a problem if she catches wind of me being nearby.

I opened the front door of my apartment and stepped out, making sure to lock it behind me.

I started my long walk to the Branwen Clan's hideout...

This was going to take a while.

~~~~~~

I hadn't even gotten out of Vale, and I stopped for a break.