Twenty Four 👀

ZYN

I want to rip him to shreds.

How dare he say that. My mom a ... no. She couldn't, wouldn't ... the mate bond wouldn't have let her be.

Unless she wasn't my father's true mate, but his chosen mate. But I can't even ask since he's dead.

Ugh.

Only reason Alec still breathes is Damien stopping me ... and I know Beth would never forgive me.m

Beth ... I hope she is taking it well. She left us sometime durring the arguing and her room is locked. I guess she is upset with us both.

I don't blame her.

I mean, I know I probably shouldn't have - no, no I should have. I did nothing wrong. Alec isn't a good guy, and she needs to know everything.

Maybe I shouldn't have said it, but she needs to know the truth.

I over hear Damien knocking on her door, but she doesn't respond.

Odd...

Usually she would at least tell him to go away.

I peek my head out the door and watch as he knocks again.

"Beth? Listen, I know you are upset, but I would like to talk, face to face."

Still no reply.

I approach the door beside Damien and place my ear to it.

I don't hear anything. No breaths, no heart beat, no ... anything.

"Get Alec, see if there is a key," I say as I start tugging on the door.

If there isn't a key, I'm breaking down the door.

"Beth? Darling? Please say something if you're ok."

What if she isn't breathing...
What if - no. I would know if she was ... dead. The mate bond would rip me appart. She's ok.

Calm down.

"Beth?! Listen ... I am sorry for getting upset and you seeing that. I -"

"Move asside," Alec grumbles.

I do as asked and he unlocks the door.

The door opens and the bed is empty. I go straight to the bathroom where I expect her to be in a bath ... but she isn't there either.

She isn't here.

"What the fuck?" Alec states, coming to the same conclusion. "Shit," he takes off out the room.

I quickly follow, ignoring his glare he shoots me as I stand behind him in his room by his new laptop.

"Fine," he grumbles as he starts pulling up windows.

Good. He knows better than to send me away. I wouldn't leave even if he threatened to kill me.

Why would she leave?
Where would she even go?
Its dangerous out there...
What if Victor finds her?
...
Shit!

"What are you even doing?"

"I have cameras installed," he groans. "If she left ... which she did, two hours ago." He quickly stands and his hands slide into his hair as he starts to pace.

"Where would she even go?" I look at the footage of her leaving out the garage doors in a silver Stingray. "Doesn't she know its dangerous?"

"She left because of you ... of us," Alec corrects, changing his tone from anger to hurt.