Chapter 4: In Which Matt Is Very Special

Laying in bed that night in her penguin footie pajamas, Lizzy couldn't sleep. Her mind was full of her conversation with Matt from earlier that day.

Her play his companion. She couldn't believe it was happening!! This was something she had wanted for years.

And she'd be the love interest of Matt, who she still had a huge crush on.

How would that work in the show? She whole heartedly shipped Eleven and River. They're married!!! She couldn't do that to River.

But if it was going to happen anyway. . . It may as well be her. . .

And then Matt would realize his undying love for her, and they would get married and live happily ever after in his TARDIS.

Lizzy knows it doesn't work like that, okay? He won't have a TARDIS forever. But she's a fangirl. Cut her some slack.

And they usually hire people who were in an episode before to be the companion. . .

Crap.

Oh well. If Matt wanted her to try, she would. . . .

Two days later, very early in the morning, Lizzy's phone rang. She knew who was calling when she heard the Doctor Who theme song playing.

Naturally, she shot up out of bed and sang along as she looked for her phone.

"Dooo weeeee ooooooooo!!!! Doooo doooooo! Doooo oooo oooooo oooooo ooo ooooooo!!!!"

She finally found it tangled in her bed sheets, and answered.

"Yes, Matt?" Even though she was awake, her voice was till groggy from sleep.

"Hello, Lizzy! Wait, how did you know it was me?? Are you psychic or something? Oh, of course. Silly me. Caller ID. Of course you knew it was me."

"Actually," I commented, "I didn't even have to look at caller ID. You're the only person on my phone with the Doctor Who theme song as your ringtone."

"Oh, really? I have a special ringtone?? I feel so special!!"

"You are special. So special your text tone is the TARDIS."

"Oh my god!! The," He did his perfect impression of a TARDIS noise.

"Yes, Matt. That."

"Oh my god!!! That's amazing!!!"

"Okay, Matt, why are you calling me so early in the morning?"

"Oh! Yes! I wanted to tell you before I go to work."

Pause.

"Tell me what, Matt?"

"Oh yes!!! I talked to Steven. I gave him your resume, and all that jazz, and he wants to audition you for the role!"

"OH MY GOD YOU'RE KIDDING ME!!!"

"NOPE!! You got the audition! I'm not allowed to tell you who you're up against, but I think your the best. I gave Steven your phone number and email address, and he'll be contacting you soon. Don't tell him I told you though. You aren't supposed to know."

"Okay!! Thank you so much, Matt!!!!!"

"I have to go now, but I'll talk to you soon."

"Bye, then."

"Goodbye! Love you!" He hung up.

Of course he meant it in a friend way, it wasn't the first time. But. . .

*squeals*