Chapter 16

Exams. Alex was a little tense for it. Not because he doubted his ability or lack of confidence. It was pressure. He had to prove himself by excelling it. He had to make his mother proud. He wanted to give best life to his mom and Mitsy. Deep down he wouldn't confess, but he also wanted to show his dad his success. He wanted to make him proud too. So, he was always busy in study these days. He was making progress with Amara too. But there wasn't much to say. They would talk here and there quite comfortably, on the bench outside in the garden. They would steal intense gazes at dining table. Nothing more, nothing less. Alex didn't try to kiss her again in case she would get upset. Because she was still coping with all this.

Amara didn't know what their relationship was. They weren't dating nor was she his girlfriend. But she didn't care. It wasn't necessary to have name to every relationship. She was okay with whatever was going on. She was happy, content. With Alex.

Everything was going well and their lives were going in normal routine. Samantha was aware of what was going on with her both children. But she was happy. She had already considered Ryan as her own son because he was there with Alex from childhood. So she wouldn't mind her daughter dating him. In fact she was waiting when they would get together. And as for Amara, she loved her. She knew Amara was perfect girl for his son, who could make him stay on right path. She was his light.

However, Amara got a little surprise when she left after class one evening. Mitsy was already left with Ryan and Amara had to go library, so she stayed back for a while. As soon as she stepped outside, her hazel eyes met grey ones. But not of the person she was expecting. Well, it wasn't that she disliked him, but she wanted him to be Alex. But seeing his father before her was a real surprise.

She walked towards his car, as he was leaning against it.
"Mr. Carter." She greeted with a small smile. His father gave her a nod in a return with a smile.

"Amara. Well, we didn't get chance to talk before and I wanted to meet you personally. I hope you don't mind.." He trailed off not knowing her reaction for this sudden meeting.

"No problem, Mr. Carter. So, um.. what is it you want to talk about?" She asked wondering what was the matter.

"Can we go somewhere..? I mean some cafe or any quiet place..if that's okay with you." He said.

"Okay. I know a place at ten minute walking distance. Let's go there." They reached at cafe after five minutes and took seats. They both ordered coffee of their own choices.

"I wanted to talk about Alex." He started, not wanting to delay and beat around the bush.

"What about him?" She asked furrowing her brows.

"I want to come for Alex's graduation.. I want to be there when he would be on the stage receiving his degree.. in his happiness.. whatever happened in the past I am proud of him and I want to be there when he graduates. It's not just that... I want be there with him whole day.. I haven't had any time with him..so I want to spend that whole day with him.. with my family. Sure, If you talk to Mitsy and Samantha..they won't have any problem with it.. they will be happy. But Alex won't allow me..I'm sure of it. So I'm asking you for a favor. Can you please make him agree for my presence on his graduation day?" Amara looked at him blankly. This was their family matter. How come he dragged her in it? Though she appreciated the fact that he came to her and trusted her enough with it.

"How..? I mean..I know what happened with you and your family. Alex told me everything and I understand. I don't know your side of the story and I believe if Mitsy and Samantha forgave you then Alex should understand your reasoning and forgive you too. Because your reasoning would be convincing enough. But what I don't understand is how can I help you? It's your family matter and I'm sure he wouldn't like it if try to interfere." She replied honestly.