Chapter 4

Oh God...that was so awkward..!!
Amara could not believe how conversation between her and Alex went. He was like a surprise for her. When she asked Mitsy about it, she had no idea what was waiting upstairs for her. But now she felt relief as that awkward moment was over. Now all she was doing was replaying those moments over and over in her mind. She could not forget how his hand felt as she held it and those grey eyes as they looked into her own hazel ones... his voice as he spoke to her...

"AMARA.." Mitsy's loud voice brought her back from reverie. "What have you thinking this so hard? You are really not here and your mind is somewhere else.I am showing you these dresses form last ten minutes for you to wear tonight and you aren't paying a bit attention to it. Is everything okay? If there is any problem, you can tell me. Okay?"

After hearing that, Amara felt guilty. Here her friend was showing her concern and helping with dress and everything , while she was having inappropriate thoughts about her brother. He needed to get out of her mind. She was not the one thinking like that for anyone. May be, one time she thought about like that for her crush when she was still in school but it was long time ago and he didn't even noticed her. This was different. Much different.

"I am sorry Mitsy. It's just that I am nervous what would happen tonight." She didn't like to lie to her friend but she couldn't voice her thoughts.

"You will be okay cause I am going to be with you. Don't worry about this kind of things. Just enjoy and help me find you a dress."

"Okay."

********

"How do I look?" Mitsy asked as she came from her closet wearing her red strapless dress, which stopped at her mid thigh, showing her long legs and high black stilettos. Her brown hair was curled and collected on one shoulder while her eyes were smokey.
"You look hot If I say honestly." Amara replied with a smile and a wink.

"Well, you look great too. Of course you would cause I did your make up and all." replied Mitsy with an arched brow and hands to her hips, to which Amara let out a little laugh.

"Okay my dear friend, if you say so."

Amara wore blue off shoulder dress which was little over her knee. Her hair was also curled and one sided. Mitsy kept her makeup natural and her hazel eyes were complementing Amara's appearance.

They both descended the stairs and into living room where Alex was already sitting in the brown colour sofa, ready for the party. His attention was fully occupied by something on his mobile.

By hearing heels clinking on the stairs and sensing someone was coming, he looked up and he took a deep breath.

She looks so beautiful.. ughh.. boys will be all over her too. I should protect her from them. He thought as his sister and her friend came to where he was sitting.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were going out with the guys. And what are you wearing...?My God, don't tell me you are coming to the party with us. You always kill the fun and don't let any guy near me. I don't want you to come." Mitsy told her brother, crossed her arms and huffed to which Alex rolled his eyes.

"Hey, come on sis! I am invited to the party, so it won't look good if I don't go. Ryan is also coming. And how else am I going to know if you are okay or not?"Alex replied with sass to which Mitsy huffed. Again.

"Now, what is this your banter about?" Samantha said as she noticed her two children argue back and forth. She was used to this type of situation and knew how to handle it.

"Mom, tell Alex he doesn't need to come with us. And if,remember I said if he is coming then he will let us enjoy and won't ruin our fun." Mitsy complained to her mom. Her mom look sternly towards her son but amused look on her face didn't go unnoticed by her son.