WAKE

It was hard to feel anything.

What she could feel was the raw concrete underneath her, that bruised her back and made her twinge uncomfortably. Her madly beating heart.

As if it was on some kind of marathon, her heart changed from pounding slowly and with discomfort and pain to beating incredibly fast without any mercy.

Her breathing turned from irregular to slow and smooth and her eyes started twitching.

In her head, she was conflicted about opening her eyes to that gruesome reality again.

Truly, this wasn't something she wanted to do but the desire in her body to finally move was almost irresistable.

Her hands slowly tried to feel around her. She grazed her nails on the floor and felt dirt, small stones and patches of grass.

Maybe this is hell...

She found it unfair to land in hell if her life has already been that; hell.

Gulping, she fluttered her eyes open and sighed out loud.

Her sight seemed grey, everything blurry. Small tears trickled down her face as she tried not to scream in pain. Her joints and muscles felt like concrete.

She clenched and unclenched her fists, wriggled her toes and with one swift movement, tried to stand up.

Except that her movements were anything but swift, as excruciating pain erupted from her lower abdomen.

She yelped and clasped her hands on her mouth. Eyes panickly looking from one corner of the tunnel to the other.

The walls were full of tags and graffiti, small droplets of water could be heard in the distance and before her were two mysterious silhouettes.

Her first thought was to scream, alarm her surrounding and run for her life. But her body had already reacted.

In that moment, a sudden scream came from her mouth and awoke those two figures seemingly sleeping in the dark.

Shit.

At first she was met with four scared and furious eyes, standing in front of her whilst being ready to attack.

Whimpering, she tried to crawl away ingoring the stinging pain.

She wasn't sure if it was her high voice or the vulnerable whisper that made the strangers before her stop and soften at her appearance.

One of them still shocked, took some steps towards her.

"You..."

"You're awake?"

...

She found herself in some kind of abandoned tunnel.

You could still hear the cars roaming nearby, the crowds of people talking if it was daytime.

At night, there would be dead silence. Footsteps indicating intruders, whispering of shallow voices meaning danger and fear.

Fear of being mobbed, attacked, raped.

The tunnel through which the cars drive everyday had some kind of side entrance. After following the narrow path a multitude of underground rooms emerge. Some of them leading into deeper, darker paths and tunnels, others letting rays of sunshine in. It felt like an underground parking lot with tunnels connecting each hall.

The two people our protagonist met live in these tunnels.

Gateways to the rooms were hidden behind old blankets hanging from the ceiling with old, rusty nails. Right before those roomlike parts of the tunnel was where she woke up.

Her eyes still blinking the dirt in her eyes away, she looked at the people in front of her. Afraid they might be like everyone else she has met before she started crawling backwards slowly.

"I...I.. don't mean harm.."

Her voice started to become screechy with fright, reliving the events of the past days in her head.

The Darkness spoke.

"She's okay...".

A low hum responded.

"What now? Do we uh...".

Her heart was still racing, listening to the conversation of the two supposedly male figures.

Her thoughts jumbled, her head hurting terribly and the stinging pain from her stomach still not fading.

A shaky breath slipped out of her mouth, trying to follow their exchange.

Why was she here? Trying to recall what happened, she thought about that piss drunk man assaulting her.

Stabbed. Was I stabbed?

My backpain.

Where was I lying all this time?

My head.

Did I have a fever?

Someone splashed water on my face.

"Hyung be more careful."

Somebody sealed the wound.

"Hoseok-ah you have to do a tight knot..."

Someone was there all this time.

They were.

A/N:  IM NOT EVEN GOING TO APOLOGIZE. OK I AM. SORRY IF U THOUGHT I WAS DEAD!!!!!

I am alive and breathing. I finished my A-levels successfully but wasn't able to go to university yet. THAT MEANS: more time to upload!

Maybe I will be able to force myself to begin a regular upload schedule. Let's see!