【i】

Music echoed through the large venue, bouncing off the high ceilings as the delightfully mind-numbing thrum of the bass vibrated through the cement floor and up the legs of patrons surrendering themselves so easily to the decadence of debauchery a...

Music echoed through the large venue, bouncing off the high ceilings as the delightfully mind-numbing thrum of the bass vibrated through the cement floor and up the legs of patrons surrendering themselves so easily to the decadence of debauchery as they attempted to forget the tediousness of the life that faced them outside those heavy warehouse doors.

The stench of sweat couldn't drown out the seductive scent of blood thrumming through the veins of bodies flushed with excitement and ablaze with the pleasures human life had to offer, drugs, sex, booze, all serving to make their blood sweeter, like pure sugar gracing the tongues of the lucky.  It was an acquired taste that most immortals didn't enjoy.  But she had always had a sweet tooth.

Hips swayed with a sultry rhythm, creating an entirely new song all in their own as she navigated the thick throng of partiers like she had been born for the club scene, lithe legs clad in tight black slacks taking every step like it wasn't concrete under her feet but cotton.  Vibrant red curls bounced hypnotically against her shoulders as she slid up to the bar, leaning against the wood to allow fellow patrons the room to pass by behind her.

A drink slid across the bar to her waiting hand, blue, foreign liquid swirling like a galaxy in the small glass.  Down the bar, four people separating them, a tall blonde stood, lifting her drink in acknowledgment, her smile more gum than teeth but her plump lips curled naturally into a cute smirk when her mouth closed.

The blonde downed her drink like the burn in her throat was no more significant than a tiny tickle before making her way over, guiding herself by the elbows, movements harsh and demanding.

"What's an enchanting woman like you doing in a place like this?"  Her voice was tinged with curiosity, foreign for the cheap line she used and far too genuine.  The blonde braced herself against the bar, resting her bare arm against the sticky wood, unbothered as she unknowingly displayed the pale ring around her finger, mark of a recently removed wedding ring.  Not that it was a dealbreaker.  Nothing was a dealbreaker.  "I'm Olive.  Olive Clark."

She grinned, lifting her blue drink to her lips but stopping the tasteless liquid from hitting her tongue before setting it back atop the bar.  "I could ask you the same question but that wouldn't be fair.  My girlfriend just introduced me to her boyfriend.  Needless to say, it didn't end well."  The lies spilled from her crimson lips like a siren's song.  "Melyna."

"She must be the dumbest of all idiots to give up a girl like you."

Crimson locked with sparkling pale brown eyes lined with thick strokes of black.  "Clearly she didn't think so.  But I'm not here to talk about her."  Melyna slid closer to Olive, their bodies flush against one another as the frozen skin of a walking corpse met that of one so full of life.  Plump purple slathered lips brushed the shell of Olive's ear as Melyna whispered in a sultry tone, sending chills down the blonde's delicate spine.  "You wanna get outta here?  Your place."