music,

jimin nervously knocked on the wooden door after ringing the doorbell. he heard a muffled chime echo from inside the house followed by heavy footsteps. the door opened to reveal an unfriendly middle-aged man.

"who are you and what do you want?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"i-i'm park j-jimin. jungkook invited me," he stammered out.

jungkook's father squinted his eyes at him before rudely slamming the door in his pale face. not a moment later, it swung open again with an excited jungkook beaming at jimin.

"hi, hyung! come in," he said while gesturing the older to step inside.

jimin smiled back. "hey, kook." he followed the younger up the stairs after he removed his shoes and respectfully greeted his family members. jungkook dragged the older to a room filled with shiny trophies and plaques that reflected hard work and perfection.

"did you win all of these?" jimin gaped at the walls, then at the grand piano in the corner. "i didn't know you could play the piano!"

"yes, all of those awards are mine. and the piano isn't for me; my cousin likes to practice when she comes over," jungkook replied.

jimin nodded and lifted up the piano lid. "what do you want me to play?"

"variations on an original theme by wieniawski. i have to play it for my recital."

the older scanned his eyes over the sheet music jungkook printed out for him. "alright, it doesn't seem too tough. i'll practice with you."

the musicians created a tremendous amount of progress during the long hours they were together. jimin was able to sight-read pretty quick, and the younger taught him how to not overpower each other by working on the right rhythm and volume. it only made jimin fall a tiny bit harder for jungkook as they grew closer that night. before he left the jeon household, the younger asked jimin something that almost made his heart jump out of his chest.

"would you like to perform with me at my recital?"