A Very BIG Heart: 1

Victoria -------------->

I glanced at my best friend, Axel. I have had the biggest crush on him since the 2nd grade, sadly I don't think he sees me the same way. I don't blame him, after all who would want somebody like me. I am overweight as in I weight about 240 something pounds. I have the hardest time finding clothes, and I guess my best feature might be my hazel eyes, while on the other hand Axel is handsome and has every girl in the school and some guys drooling over him. Sadly he only has eyes for Victoria LeCruz. I just wish one day he could see me the same way he sees her with those baby blue eyes. Maybe if I was more like her, i could have guys fawning over me.

"Earth to Brooklyn! So what do you say?" Axel said waving his hand right in front of me.

"Huh? What?" I asked knowing that most likely I had been gawking at him.

"Where have you been for the past two minutes Brooklyn? I was asking you if you were going to Greg's party tonight. So are you?"

"Um.. yeah. Are you?"

"Yes, Vicky has been begging me to go with her, so I finally caved in." he said "Do you need a ride?"

"No thanks, my mom is driving me."

"Ok then. Well I gotta go, I have a Student Council meeting, see you later!" he waved as he walked towards the library.

"Brooklyn, its quite pathetic the way you look at Axel. Especially when you know you don't stand a chance, why would he want you when he could have me." Victoria said as she stopped by my locker "Just look at yourself: you are ugly, fat, and have no sense of style."

"Just leave her alone!" the new girl said. I think her name was Paula.

"Who do you think you are? You have no idea who you are messing with! Do you have any idea what I could do to your social rep, I could destroy you for life." Victoria snapped "Don't stick up for a thing like that, when you could be friends with us."

"No thanks, I'll pass. I don't like to hang out with hags from hell." Paula said as she ran her hand through her brown hair.

"What did you call me?!?"

"Did you not hear me? I think I spoke very clearly." Paula laughed "Don't you think so Brooklyn?" I held back a laugh, no one had ever spoken to Victoria like that, and no one dared to because they knew she could ruin their lives.

"Paula, your rep is so beyond finished!" Victoria said as she walked away with her two minions:

"You didn't have to stick up for me."I told Paula.

"Actually I did. I know what its like for people to make fun of you for your weight."

"You? Overweight? Who would make fun of you for being overweight?" I asked. How could Paula have been overweight? She was beautiful, even more beautiful than Victoria.

"Trust me, I didn't always look like this. But it shows that hard work, and determination can really change a person." she said as she brushed her brown hair "Hey, you want to join me for a cup of coffee?"

"Sure." I said as I followed her to her car.

"I like big cars." she said as she climbed into her yellow hummer. I climbed in to her passenger seat, and noticed that she had a Paramore sweater lying down on her seat.

"Are you a fan?" I asked pointing at her sweater.

"Yeah! Aren't you?"

"No duh! Of course!"

"Great! So I can play my CD." she said as she played Misery Business. We started to sing along:

I'm in the business of misery

Let's take it from the top

She's got a body like an hourglass

It's ticking like a clock

It's a matter of time before we all run out

When I thought he was mine

She caught him by the mouth

I waited eight long months

She finally set him

I told him I couldn't lie he was the only one for me

Two weeks and we caught on fire...

"We're here!" she said as she stationed in front of a brick building.

"Where are we?" I asked. I thought when she said to go out for coffee she meant at a Starbucks.

"This is my favorite coffee shop: Midnight Magic." she said as she walked into the building "They make the best cappucinos and frappucinos!" she said as she sat down.

"What can I get you Ms. Paula?" a waiter said as he took our order.

"Um.. a Vanilla Bean Frappucino for me with a brownie, and for her?" she said "What do you want?" she asked me.

"Um.. a Triple Chocolate Frappuccino with a piece of marble cake." I said. The waiter walked to where the baristas where making coffees.

"Ms. Paula?" I asked.

"Well, my dad might just happen to be the owner of this place." she smiled "So anything you want, its on me!" The waiter came back with our orders. We laughed and talked until I said I had to leave.

"Oh.. do you need a ride home?" she asked as she got her keys.

"Well, if you please could I would appreciate it. I have to get home and get ready for Greg's party. Hey! I got a great idea, why don't you come with me?"

"I guess so. Do you mind if I get ready at your house?"

"No not at all. Just that I don't think any of my clothes might fit you."

"We'll stop by my house and I'll get my stuff, kay?"

"Sure." I said. It would sure be nice to have someone to talk to at the party. Axel always ditches me at parties to go hang out with Victoria. So I end up sitting down by myself.