A Very BIG Heart: 7

I rang the doorbell and patiently waited for Paula, after ringing the doorbell several times I realized she wasn't home.

Isn't life great? 

I grabbed my iPhone from my back pocket and dialed Paula's number. She answered on the fifth ring.

"Hey Brookie, something wrong?" she asked.

"I need you to come home and open the door for me, I left my keys at home and I can't open the door" I shrieked.

"There's a spare key under the door mat." she chuckled, "By the, you really need to start remembering to carry your keys with you."

"Don't judge. I still haven't figured out a way for me to remember my key with me." I sighed, "Well, I'm going to hang up now, I need a long shower and a nap." I opened the door to the loft and headed to the bathroom, taking a long warm shower. 

I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a white tank top, and crashed on the couch. 

***

"Rise and shine sleepyhead." I felt someone shaking me. 

"Mm, I''m sleeping... go away..." I muttered.

"I'm hungry!" the voice kept on complaining.

"You have two hands.. cook something" I groaned, "I'm sleeping."

"Oh well, I guess I'll try to cook, but remember what happened last time." the voice giggled, "The firefighters, the burnt food... oh, let's not forget the smoke...."

Oh god, Paula cooking. Last time she tried to cook she set the whole kitchen in flames. Needless to say, we ended up staying in a hotel that day and our dinner consisted of pizza.

"I'm up! Step away from the kitchen!" I jumped from the couch, and sprinted towards the kitchen. 

"So, what are you making for dinner Brookie?" Paula asked from the living room, where she was sitting sipping some Arizona Tea.

"Veggie Lasagna. Can you please set the table?" I removed the lasagna from the oven. Mm, it smelled scrumptious. 

Dinner was loud. Paula was talking about how wonderful today had been, and the cute kid in her chemistry class.

"Anyways,"  I started, "As much fun as it is hearing you talk about what's his name, I say you get up and go do the dishes seeing as to how I cooked."

"Fine." She groaned, as she picked up the plates and placed them in the sink. 

"Hey, there's a huge party at Mark's house tomorrow and what a better way to start the school year than going. So we need to go shopping tomorrow right after school to find THE perfect outfit." Paula said she plopped down on our couch.

"Um, sounds good. What type of party is it though?" I asked as I coated my nails with Essie's Luxedo nail polish. 

"Pool party." 

"Are you sure I'm ready for it?" I glanced at her.

"Of course you are Brooklyn. So tomorrow we're going shopping for bathing suits and a coverup." she smiled.