37

No Peace-Sam Smith

Amethyst

Sunlight poured shyly through the curtains of the room, muttering its greeting softly. She could not sleep long, before the thoughts of her mates painfully blank eyes flashed into her mind.

The images also came as she remembered his chest and face soaked in dried blood, it reminded her of a wild animal that was too lost in the darkness, fighting it. Did it scare her? For a moment yes, but it was over trumped by the worry her heart was projecting.

Maybe, he was fighting for her demons for too long that she never noticed his own, pushing himself to the brink for her health. He was selfless in a world of greedy people, she was one of them. She needed stop being so selfish and be there for him when it came to battle his darkened demons, she would do anything to banish out the darkness for him like he did for her.

He was sprawled out beside her, head snuggled into her chest, clenching onto her like a child with their teddy bear when they've had a nightmare. He looked peaceful and innocent when he slept, not like how he was last night, it didn't matter to her, she loved him no matter what.

She had stayed up half the night thinking of endless possibilities of what could have happened to make him come home like that. They all frightened her, but she was prepared to take anything on for him.

She stared up at the ceiling in obscured interest, stroking the top of his head soothingly. The pain in her chest ached a little less than it did before, but was still there.

When he didn't come home by the beginning of sunrise, it worried her so much, she was asking pack members where he could have been. They all looked away from her, hesitantly telling her that he left in the forest, seething in a roaring anger.

She was about to go in there herself to go look for him, when Nick and River dragged her back in the house. She wanted to shout at them but the looks on their faces, it shut her up and listened to what they had to say.

They said he was too angry to home right now, if I went out there his wolf could possibly hurt me, too deep in the rage. They went on to say that I just needed to wait until he was finally cooled down, he'd come home on his own. Nick left to track him down in secrecy but only to report back, while River stayed with me to keep me company.

It wasn't long before River told me that Nick had found him and that he was just thinking, and he would be home soon. I wanted to jump into his arms the minute I saw him, but she held me back to see his form. When he left to the bathroom, she just told me to give him time and space, he'll tell me eventually. I did just that.

The world just seemed to spinning continuously that I was practically seeing stars within the ceiling's white purity. Just thinking and thinking and thinking. Thinking can be dangerous sometimes, like an atomic bomb ready to set fire to its destruction on millions of innocents. Dangerous people think, they calculate, they know when the right moment is perfect to strike, because they have time to think, to be malice within their bones.

Those 'rogues' they captured the other day, they did something to my mate, something that set the rage into his mind and infected it with a numbing darkness.

A groan below me vibrated between my chest, it almost tickled in enjoyment. He seemed to be blinking under his eyelids when they finally cracked open into slits of crust. Blinking them a few times, he opened them to the light around us that seems almost perfect, there was no more blankness in his stare. He looked care free.