The Waiting

CHAPTER FIVE

Evelyn sighed as Damon walked away, she missed the warmth if his body and the way his arms tighten around her. She sighed softly then blushed. Oh my goodness i don't even know anything about him! He could be a serial rapist or something luring me back to his house where his army of wolves could eat me... She stopped my imagination get the better of me and anyway if he wanted to hurt me he would have done that already she concluded. "Here's some clothes" Evelyn glanced up just in time to see Sarah gesturing to pile of clothes on the bed "thank you" she muttered "urm where the shower?" Sarah pointed to the door on her right. Evelyn nodded in thanks and walked towards it. The water running down her body felt magical, Evelyn couldn't believe how much dirt covered her body, it made her look like she had been working in a mine and it took a couple of minutes scrubbing to remove the layer grime and by then the whole room was full of steam. Evelyn grabbed the closest shampoo and went about trying to remove the muck from her hair, avoiding the delicate patch on her head. When her hair had returned to its original dark blonde, Evelyn sighed in relief but she couldn't stop doubt seeping into her mind. I cant stay with Damon forever and I cant go back home so what am i going to do? Evelyn grimaced at how angry James and everyone must have been when they discovered she had left. She could imagine James screaming and pacing around the grounds, barking out orders to try and find her. They wouldn't discover her here though, they wouldn't dare come into town not with the midnight ball approaching, too many humans Evelyn thought darkly. Breaking out if her thoughts by the banging coming from down stairs. Evelyn grabbed the clothes; a simple green shirt with light shorts. Evelyn shrugged them on making a note to thank Sarah again later, she towel dried her hair quickly before deciding to let it dry naturally. Then she navigated downstairs to see where Damon was and where the banging was coming from.

Damon chuckled at Sam's pathetic attempt at dancing. He look like a demented monkey banging around the room looking for bananas. Damon laughed louder at the image of Sam the monkey "when you are reborn, you are going to be a chimp" Damon stuttered between breaths trying not to laugh again. Sam was Damon's closest friend and they had known each other since forever, "what?! All the ladies dig these dance moves!" Sam exclaimed in mock horror " you know that really hot chick with the great ass yeah?" Damon rolled his eyes and nodded, already foreseeing where this conversation was going. " well i was breaking down these dance moves when her and her friend totally came on to me ahh man greatest night of my life, i mean the things she could do with her mmlghd fhh" Sam's muffled voice continued under Damon hand. "Sam shut up" He hissed, jerking his head towards here Evelyn was standing in the doorway, wide eyed. Her hair was wet and trailed down her back in soft curls, Damon's shirt dwarfed her and the shorts she was wearing where barely visible, leaving only her long legs in view "urm" Evelyn coughed and Damon's face burned. He had totally just been checking her out! Shit! Evelyn's eyes darkened with trepidation and Damon's mouth gaped trying to think of something to say. Even with the bruises on her body, she was still amazingly attractive, there was an awkward silence. Then Sam squirmed and Damon moved his hand, punching him gently in the arm. Sam winced and Damon smirked smugly before turning to Eve "Are you hungry Eve? Me and Sam here just in the middle of cooking pizza when he decided to be a jerk" Sam snorted but said nothing, Damon had already realised loud noises frighten her and he didn't want to be a cause if her discomfort. She stared at him "Eve?" she questioned, the word rolling of her tongue seemed unfamiliar to her. Damon rubbed his neck, blushing "yeah well Evelyn's hard to pronounce so i thought your nickname could be Eve" he said peering down out her, she was tiny like a porcelain doll. There was a pause and eventually she shook her head as if breaking out of a trance and gave him a full blown smile. Damon choked and a briefly heard Sam's sharp intake of breath. When Eve smiled, she was no longer gorgeous or pretty but her whole face light up and she transformed into this radiant being that filled the room. "Damon?" she questioned obviously wondering why he was staring at her like an idiot but he couldn't help it. Damon had never had anything close to these feelings that this girl gave him. He wanted to grab her and keep her out of sight so he could have her all to himself. "s-sorry u-rm lets go to the lounge, we can eat there" he managed to get out, Damon had momentarily lost his process of speech and his words came out harsh and broken. "okay" she muttered quietly avoiding his eyes, Damon frowned then realised she must have thought she had upset him. Damon reached for her to explain how she hadn't done anything, he was just being stupid but stopped himself. Why should he care what this girl thought of him? She was probably going to leave soon anyway. Just like everyone else had done he thought grimly but he still couldn't crush the hope that she would stay.