Falling

CHAPTER ONE

She knew what she had to do. It was so simple she thought, smiling warily. I guess the bonus of having nobody love you was that there was nobody to miss you either. She sighed and brushed her hair out of her eyes. It was tangled and clotted with blood. She winced and whimpered quietly as bright spots danced in front of her eyes. I guess James hit me harder that i thought she mused. The birds call brought her back to reality. The reality of what she was about to do. The reality of knowing she would never see that sunrise again. The reality of never growing up. Evelyn had decided to die, stood at the edge of the waterfall watching the curdling water fall down she frowned. Her bright eyes clouded with tears. What did i do to deserve this? She asked the sky silently. Was she just unluckily enough to have a violent drunk father and a no good brother? Was she just unfortunate enough to have nobody to care? She closed her eyes. Feeling the wind rush past her, the animals of the forest began to stir. She wondered suddenly whether they would mind her disturbing them with her death, whether her body would inconvenience them. She had always felt at peace here, the forest had a way of calming her. It was her escape. She leaned forward slightly trying to estimate the distance at which she would fall when she wobbled and felt her whole body tipping over the edge. She gasped and propelled herself backwards, the force knock her off her feet and Evelyn hit the ground. Hard. She shut her eyes feeling her body trembling and liquid flowing from beneath her eyes lids. I don't want to die, i don't want to die, i don't want to die she murmured, her head reeling. She was so pathetic! She couldn't even kill herself properly, no wonder everyone hated her she thought ferociously no, no i will do this, whats the point in living anyway? She shakily got on her feet and stood back on the edge. The forest was silent as if waiting for her to wimp out, her paranoia gave her the extra initiative to make up her mind. I’ll count to three and then jump she decided. One mississppi…two mississppi…thre…

Damon sighed. He really hadn't meant to turn down that hot blondes offer but he didn't feel like putting his manhood to anymore risks of diseases, not after that last scare.. He chuckled darkly that had been an interesting night. He rubbed his head, feeling a head ache coming on. He trudged through the forest slowly then stopped realising he was completely lost. "shit" he moaned again frowning, what on earth made him think a shortcut through the forest was a good idea anyway?! Probably the alcohol, his conscience said quietly and probably the fact that the forest had always made him feel calm. "well if anyone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction that would be helpful" he asked, not expecting a reply. He sighed louder then stopped himself all i do at the moment is sigh he thought. Damn i really am becoming a pessimist, probably end up an alcoholic as well.... Damon shook his head as if to dislodge the thought; if i go south then there's the fall and then west should take me back to town.... I'll just get Sam to pick me up, his fault I'm in this mess to begin with he murmured warily. A while later, Damon cursing his way through the brambles reached the edge of the forest and stopped so suddenly that his own momentum nearly knocked him off his feet. There was a girl standing on the edge. He frowned the waterfall had recently become a popular place to die but that was usually middle aged women whose marriages had failed, not young, pretty girls with long blonde hair...covered in blood? He grimaced now as he look closer the girls white dress was splattered with blood and her hair was knotted with leaves, she look like she just walked out of a horror film!  He swore loudly and Damon found that his legs were already walking him forwards, they soon sped up and broke into a run. He couldn't just let her die in front of him without doing anything! He couldn't add another dead body onto his conscience not yet, not so soon. He ran towards her and reached out his hands praying he would make it. Just as she fell forwards, her arms outstretched as if she was flying.