Staff of Misery (Chapter 25)

Start from the beginning

"More powerful...that's how it feels to me," Owen opens and closes his fists.

"Yeah...Wait we're in the Magic World right?" Urana asks, looking at Owen.

"Your eyes! They look like the ocean. Like the sand color and everything and...they're kinda moving," Owen looks surprised.

"Your eyes have a mountain with a valley in them...the grass looks like it's moving," Urana looks equally surprised.

"Guys now is not the time for some weird romance where people talk about each other's eyes," Brenton rolls his eyes.

"Alex's eyes look like the sun! They're literally radiating!" Ava gasps in shock.

"Ava's eyes look like a breeze in the sky! They're blowing!" Alex looks surprised too.

"Honestly you guys," Brenton turns around.

"You're eyes are moving like fire! They look like fire!" The four of them exclaim.

"What?" Brenton touches his face.

"The tips of your hair is looking blue," Owen eyes widen at Urana's hair.

"What?! It's a nice color though," Urana notes.

"Woah Ava! You're hair is getting silver at the tips," Alex notices.

"Why are your guys' hair changing only?" Brenton looks confused.

"Well our hair color kinda already corresponded with our element...if you've ever payed attention to it," Owen guesses.

"Then...this powerful feeling is what our magic should feel like at this stage," Urana guesses.

"Won't we feel overwhelmed though?" Ava questions.

"I think it'll kick in later," Alex guesses with a shrug.

"In that case let's hurry!" Brenton turns on his heel again and heads into the door. As soon as they all step through, the door blends into the surroundings.

--

"It feels like Sensei and Coach were already here," Urana touches the wall.

"And there's some energy radiating...seems like it's coming from one place," Owen adds.

"There's also someone else here," Ava notices.

"By the way that magic energy feels...they're not good and powerful," Alex gulps.

"How are you guys even doing that?" Brenton looks at them. "Never mind I'm just slow."

"Glad you're admitting it on your own," Urana pats his shoulder as the five of them move along the narrow halls.

"Where are we even going?" Ava asks after a minute.

"Wherever Sensei and Coach are," Brenton answers.

"I swear...we didn't even think this through," Owen shakes his head.

"I just wanted to work the portal thingy," Urana shrugs.

"Last time we passed out, what makes you think it won't happen again?" Alex questions.

"We'll be fine. We're in the Magic World!" Brenton smiles at them.

"Dude we have no idea what it's like to feel magic from everywhere...especially the growing feeling inside us. We won't be able to handle the sudden increase of power," Urana warns.

"Sensei and Coach don't even know we're here. We could end up fainting here and they would never know what happened," Owen adds.

"There's also the fact that our penalty was to not come here," Alex reminds them.