Ch 27--Evan's Plan

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Evan. You're home!" She exclaimed.

He nodded.

"Yeah." Things were still tense between them. He saw her eyes sadden at his one word response.

"Evan, I'm sorry. I don't know what you want me to do."

Evan shrugged.

"I don't know, mom. I just...I was really hurt when you said those things to me." Heidi looked hopeful at the fact that Evan was at least talking to him. This was the most they've said to each other since that day. "It made me feel unimportant and like I can't do anything right."

"I never meant to make you feel like that. I didn't realize how strong you've become."

Evan nodded.

"Yeah. I have." He frowned.

"I guess I've just been to busy working and at class to notice you've grown up, huh?" Heidi smiled sadly.

Evan shrugged, staring at the ground, not wanting to admit she was right.

"I want to fix it, Evan. I want to do right by you. I love you more than anything in this world, and it kills me to know that you're mad at me."

Evan shook his head.

"I'm not mad anymore mom. I forgive you. I'd like it if we can try to make things go back to normal?" He smiled hopefully, finally looking at her.

"No." Evan opened his mouth to question her but she smiled. "I want things to be better. I'm going to try to work a little less and manage my time better that way I can see you more often. I don't know anything about you it seems, but I pretended to. I'd like to get to know the real you."

Evan grinned.

"I'd like that."

He moved close to his mom and opened his arms, giving her a quick hug that was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Oh well let's start with learning things about me." Evan backed away from her sheepishly. "Uhm, well I have a boyfriend and that's his mom, we have to go save his life before he gets beaten to death in the park by the school bully." Evan flashed her a smile. "See you for dinner?"

"Evan Benjamin Hansen!" She bellowed after him, but he was already at the door, pushing Cynthia back and running to the car.

"We gotta go, Connor's in danger."

"Was that your--"

"No, it was the tv. Come on, we gotta go."

Cynthia gave him a look but started the car anyway, knowing that he was right. The faster they got to the park, the faster they could make sure Connor wasn't hurt too bad.

Cynthia broke probably every traffic law possible while being safe. If there were no cars coming at a red light, she zoomed through it. If the way was clear, stop signs became "go faster" signs. Evan looked at her in concern, but she just shrugged.

"If I call the cops, who knows how long it'll take them to get to the park. If they're chasing me, they'll be right on my tail."

Evan nodded, impressed. That was a pretty good idea. Kinda. In a way. It was also incredibly dangerous [don't try this at home kids; author does not condone breaking traffic laws]

Unfortunately, they passed no cops, so while Evan threw open the door as soon as they pulled into a parking spot, Cynthia pulled out her phone.

"Evan wait!"

Evan ducked down, only his head inside the car.

"We need to wait for the police. We can't just go barging in there. You've told me how dangerous this boy can be, please don't be a hero and put yourself in harms way. Wait for the cops."

Evan shook his head.

"I have to go help Connor. He did this because of me. I owe it to him."

"You don't owe it to him to get yourself beat up, Evan. You get help, that's how you make it up to him. Getting yourself hurt won't do anything."

"I have to." He quickly shut the door, blocking out any other protests from Cynthia. He ran towards the woods where he figured they'd be.

He heard Cynthia behind him, but he picked up the pace. Soon, she fell behind him.

He heard commotion to his left and slowed down.

"Evan stop!" Cynthia yelled. She wasn't close enough to reach him, and he continued. He entered the clearing and everyone turned to look at him. He zeroed in on Connor, who was tied to a tree, blood pouring down his face.

"Evan Hansen." Ferb turned around to greet him. "How nice of you to join your boyfriend, he's getting tired. It must be your turn."

***

Hello! I'm so sorry for the shortness of this chapter, I've been so busy this week but I wanted to have something for you. I have such good ideas for how to end this, I just need the time to write it down... I start school in two weeks so, I'm gonna be busy but I'm going to do my best to keep updating.

Anyway, I hope you guys had a good week, thank you for all your votes and comments on past chapters. Totally makes my day 😁

~hamilfan123987