Red Hood

Robin/Renegade

I can not believe what just happened after waiting and hiding this long they now know. Master most likely already knows about this, but I may just try to lie to him and change his mind. I really do not care what the hell happens to me or the others however, Roy, Wally and all of them I can not take that chance. Sure, I will get a beaten, and I know the League will be after me. I keep running as the night sky blurs around me as I am so confused and aggravated about everything going on. My parents deaths are tomorrow and yet I feel like I failed them. I usually go to their graves but, I don't think master will let me and Bats will keep watch over their to see if I show. I have never missed talking to them on the day my life turned around.

I reach Master's hideout as the bright lights turn dark, birds stop to sing, and of course my mind numbs itself to deal with him. This is my fault I guess I do deserve what is going to happen. I walk in the cold and dark room as I see Master's mask start to gleam from the little light coming in from the moon.

"Hm, I see you failed at killing the enemy and you let yourself get captured by the League who now knows who you are." He growls narrowing his eye to a glare.

"I am sorry, Master." I say bowing my head as I think I can not lie about this being he must have tracked me some how.

"Sorry, Renegade is a sign of weakness there is no room for weak here, and I am still somewhat pleased by the fact you did not give away any information about me." He snarls yet his eye shows he is pleased.

"Expect a punishment for your actions and failure."

"Yes, Master."

"Oh, and Renegade just know you can not hide from me or lie to me without knowing." Oh god, how did he know he is worse than Batman.

"Renegade! What do you say?"

"Yes, Master."

"Good." He pulls out a dangerous looking dagger with sharp grooves on the side. He studies it for a moment turning it from time to time. I never seen the attack that came as he sliced through my arms a couple times before being done. My skin starts to hurt as the crimson blood starts to drop, but the pain gets worse as I realize he put an agent on the blade to make the pain grow worse.

"Clean your wounds Renegade before you bleed out."

"Yes, Master." Rahat, is that all I say anymore, Yes Master like a good little follower I am supposed to be. I walk off to the infirmary as I grab some gauzes, however Wintergreen seems to take them out of my hands.

"Punished again I see." He sighs while wrapping my arms after adding disinfectant.

"Yes, Sir."

"Again Richard, you do not have to call me Sir just refer me as William or Wintergreen will also do. I have been trying to get you to call me that since you got here."

"Yes...Wintergreen." I say unsurely deciding to give in to what he prefers being he is the only one that is almost always nice to me. He looks up in shock but soon changes to a warm smile.

"Finally, you are opening up a bit. You need someone to talk to Richard."

"I guess." I never talk this much so it is kind of weird to me. Master would punish me if I ever talked out of term or too much. He soon changed though and punished me less I seemed to respect him more when the neglect turned to appreciation at times.

"There you go, now only if I can get Slade to change a bit." He sighed once more.

"He is not that bad." I find myself saying without meaning to.