Defiance

Robin's P.O.V.

My vision was black and my head dizzy with no understanding of where I am. I try to remember what exactly was the last thing that has happened. I faintly remember a fight with someone obtaining great strength causing injuries to me. My team coming to assist me, I thought I was poisoned? I open my eyes for the mass of blur to form into what is before me. I see a medical room that I never have seen before. Could have the enemy captured me, if so why would I be in an infirmary. Villains cause mass destruction and harm. I am so overwhelmed with questions and solutions I wish I was just whelmed. I faintly feel like someone is watching me as I look up to see a trying to be hidden camera in the corner of the room. I glare at it as I try to figure out how to escape a place I have no clue about. I go to move my arms to get myself up surprising I have no pain at all anywhere, I thought I dislocated it and where did the gash go? I decide to think about it later as leaving this place behind to get to my family is my top priority.

I wonder how bad the team is facing the wrath of Bats? I chuckle a bit then returning to the task at hand.

I try to find any vent, but sadly there is none anywhere in the room. The door of course is locked, but just maybe I can get through by hacking being it is mechanical.

The firewalls of the device is a little bit hard for me which is a surprise being I thought I knew almost everything for hacking being I can get through to the Governments files, and suppress the pentagram. It seems like 5 minutes before the alarm and the lock is finally down. Silently I snuck through the hall glad I still had my uniform on except for my devices, weapons, and the tracking chip Bats put on my utility belt that being gone too.

Just as I rounded the corner I jump back with a nagging feeling something bad is about to happen. Just as I went back a sharp dagger ended up in the same place where I was before. The hallway is dark so it is hard to see anything, but that's fine since I am used to it. I see a glimpse of orange before everything came back to me.

I was automatically on defense as another dagger came flying towards me. I backed away before the impact could be made in my leg. Finally, my kidnapper revealed himself.

"I am impressed Robin, you managed to hack through the door.

"It was too easy." I said.

"Interesting I knew that you know how to hack however, I didn't know how well you are most people can't suppress them."

"They were easier to hack than the pentagram."

His eye raised in amusement while I assumed he smirked, he is just like Bruce only creepier.

"Interesting you will be a wonderful apprentice."

"Apprentice? Sorry but, you are obviously not my mentor I already have one that is whelming enough at times.

"Hm, you mean the Bat I thought you are not getting along with Bruce currently."

"Who said that?" I say with narrowing suspicion.

"I know all Robin even more than him."

" I'm sure." I said before scoffing.

"You are going to learn manners."

"You are not feeling the aster I see."

"Ah yes English is not your first language is it Richard?"

"If you know all why are you asking?" I mocked.

The attack happened further than I could see as I felt a strong hit in my right arm.

"Remember what I said before about focusing, and about manners."
"I am sorry I don't respect weirdo stalker kidnappers."

"You also do not respect being replaced."

"Wha-oh you mean Damian, he is not too bad, I just..."

"Don't want to be A forgotten, B replaced. C just a charity case, or perhaps D all above." Slade said cutting me off.

"None of those." I snap not wanting to talk about my issues.

"If I had to guess I would say D all above."

"Stop acting like you know me!" I yell while dodging yet, another attack.

"I know all apprentice, you were in Haly's circus until the age of eight when your parents were killed by falling from Tony Zucco cause he wanted to 'protect' them for money. All the while you heard it all didn't you, you had a chance to save your family from falling did you not. He smirks with satisfaction. Then Bruce took you in a charity case perhaps, you became robin after figuring out his identity. Also, Richard the thought of belonging made you happy but, now that his biological kid came you figured out that charity case is what you really are.

"Shut up!" I yell attacking with a sloppy punch that really quick ended my chance to leave.

"Your emotions need to be erased, apprentice."

"I am not your apprentice." I say with a lot of anger.

"You will be soon." Is all he says before taking out a syringe and quicker than possible I was injected once again falling away from consciousness.