It was certain that Lauren knew that Normani has secrets of her own, well hidden ones, that she doesn't want to share but it wouldn't hurt for her to try to bring some life to her life. Just looking at Mani sometimes reminds her of a black and white picture with no light.....nothing luminous to shine through.

Hearing a loud knocking next to her, Lauren looked up to be faced with the same Latina girl from earlier.

Smirking slightly, the Latina girl spoke, "Why is the big, bad, Lauren Jauregui sitting by herself? Where are your friends?"

"I don't need friends to make me feel special Camila," Lauren replied back drily.

Camila placed a hand on her heart, "I'm honored that you still remembered my name."

The Cuban teen shot her a glare, "Don't make me regret it."

As the Latina was about to reply, the bell had rung signalling the end of the lunch break.

Not waiting up to hear Camila's reply, Lauren immediately walked out of the cafeteria to her next class.

~

"I don't think Dad is going to like what you're wearing Lauren," Taylor said to her older sibling, "Its too black."

Laughing a little at her sister, she ruffled her hair lightly, "It's perfect then. Just the way I like it."

Taylor just shook her head and went back to her room to get dressed

After putting on her boots, Lauren's phone started for vibrate and it was a message from one of her friends.

Lauren, I think you should take a look at this.

It was an article about Jim Jones and his estranged adopted daughter. The Cuban girl skipped through some stuff and came across a portion of words that caught her eyes.

"After everything Jim Jones has done for the community, adopting a young orphan girl was the highest praise Mr. Jones has gotten in his career. Even after all of this, 6 years later, we have no evidence to see the progress in which these two have done. Has the girl vanished or simply just in hiding? Most of all, is Mr. Jones treating this girl right?"

The dark haired girl pondered on the last question for a while herself. She always heard people talking about this girl Mr. Jones had adopted but never got the story of what happened after her adoption date.

Curiosity was started to show itself in Lauren but she knew the matter at hand. Her father's business dinner was what she really needed to focus on.

"Lauren, get in your car! We're leaving and you need to follow me to the place!" She heard her dad shout from downstairs.

Making her way downstairs, Taylor and Chris stopped Lauren on her way to the garage, "We're coming with you," Chris stated hoping in the passenger seat.