"Stare a little harder why don't you?" Teresa whispered, making Thomas kick her from under the table and hiss a quiet "shut up" at her.

Alby was droning on and on about some school event they were planning. Most of the kids seemed very interested, some were even taking notes.

They managed to cram themselves in the back, pushing their desks and chairs together. Teresa rested her head on his shoulder, patting his cheek before dipping her hand into the bag of cheez-its between them.

Some kids were raising their hands now, Alby was calling on them and writing stuff on the bored. Thomas really wanted to shove a cheez-it in his eye. He found himself praying to every greater being that Alby wasn't the mystery boy. He couldn't ever sit through another one of these.

"So, you thinkin it's him?" Teresa asked softly as Alby smiled at some kid.

Thomas let out a soft groan. "God I sure hope not. I'm gonna talk to him after this."

"You still need to drive me home."

"It'll be fifteen minutes max, I just need to see if he likes superheros, if not then we can never come back here again."

Teresa nodded, closing her eyes. Thomas huffed and stared at the bored blankly for the rest of the meeting.

Afterwards, Thomas was snapped out of his daze when people started packing up.

"So what did you think?" Alby asked Thomas suddenly, walking over to their smushed together desks.

"Cool! Yeah it was really cool Alby," Thomas stammered out as he tried to discreetly shake Teresa awake.

"You think so?" Alby was grinning which made Thomas feel kinda bad about lying.

"It was super organized, I was impressed," Teresa managed to spit out as she lifted her head. Thomas guessed she was never actually sleeping.

"Are you guys going to come to the ne-"

"I have a question," Thomas quickly cut him off, trying to avoid any invitation to the next meeting.

"Yeah?"

"Do you like marvel movies?"

Alby looked taken aback, blinking a few times before shrugging. "Yeah I like them, why?"

"Oh just wondering, some new ones are coming out soon right?"

Teresa bit her lip, clearly trying not to laugh.

Alby nodded. "The next meeting is on Thu-"

Teresa stood up quickly. "Damnit Tom we gotta leave! Look at what time it is?"

Thomas looked over and widened his eyes. "Oh fuck. Sorry Alby, we gotta go. I'll catch you later."

Then they were running out the door, letting it slam behind them.

Thomas held up his hand which Teresa met in a high five. "You're a genius."

"Don't have to tell me what I already know." Teresa laughed. "I didn't want that next meeting invitation either."

"Okay never again. We're never doing that again."

Teresa nodded in agreement. "You still have to take me shopping this weekend though, at the big mall."

"Don't remind me."

"You can't forge-"

"Teresa?"