Chapter 5

It feels like the air has been sucked out of lungs. My Amber? I'm sure he said that because he's drunk, and he's not in his senses.

I nervously glance at Nathan, and see that his lips are pressed tightly in a straight line, his fists clenching and unclenching at his sides. His gaze is fixed on Liam's arms that are wrapped around my shoulders . It seems like he might explode anytime.

"Liam," I whisper in his ear, as I awkwardly hold him by his arms.

"Shushhhhhhhhh," he sshh's me, and I look over at the two boys for help.

Ashton rolls his eyes, and steps forward. He looks a bit sober to me.

"Come on, buddy," he speaks to Liam, and peels him off of me. I let out a long sigh of relief.

After Ashton puts some sense in Liam by yelling and screaming at him, they both leave the house exchanging goodbyes with me, and Nathan.

Okay.. awkward.

I look around the hallway but there's so trace of Allysa, and Victoria. Crap! How will I get home now? I seriously don't want to go alone in a cab or something, and neither do I want to ask this boy to drop me off.

I glance at him, and catch him gazing at me. I wish the earth could open up, and swallow me whole. His stare.. it's so.. weird. Like weird in a good way. I want him to keep on staring at me, but at the same time I don't. Aargh! My feelings are mixed up.

"Oh, come on, Angel," he says, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Just say it that you want my favour."

Crossing my arms over my chest, I raise an eyebrow at him. "What even?"

He rolls his eyes, and starts to take slow, teasing steps towards me. "You want me to drop you, because your so called best friends are nowhere to be seen."

He's just a few inches away, and I cannot look away.

"So, Angel..."

I step back, and take in a long breath. "No, thanks. I'll manage." I turn around and walk out of the house.

It's so cold! I'm not wearing this stupid dress again. I'm just so silly, and pathetic. I hug myself in an attempt to block out the cool breezes, but it's of no use. A weird kind of pain takes over my body, but it's not exactly there. My vision blurs and it's then I realise that I'm crying. But why? Why do I need to cry like a weak girl? Why? Is it because I want to be in there? Oh god! What have I gotten myself into!

A single drop falls on the ground followed by millions of others. Well, the clouds are also feeling pity for me. There's no sign of a cab, so I start walking in the heavy rain, alone with my tears. My feet hurt like hell. Thanks to the four inch heels I'm wearing.

I've not gone far away, when I hear a familiar voice calling out for me.

"Amber, for Christ's sake, stop!"

But I don't. I do the complete opposite, I quicken my pace. I know who that voice belongs to. It's Nathan. Right now, all I hear is the heavy rain, and the constant shouting of Nathan. His voice becomes more clearer indicating that he's not far away from me.

He grabs me by my arm, and forces me to look at him. We both are drenched and freezing from the cold, he's not shaking but I on the other hand, am. My legs feel like jelly, and I'm afraid I'll fall on the road.

"Are you insane?!" He screams at me, as he harshly shakes my shoulders.

I don't reply, because I feel numb. My whole body is freezing from the cold. My lips are probably frozen, and I don't know how long it will for my whole body to freeze.

"You've been walking in the damn rain? God dammit! Do you have any sense, you stupid, stupid girl?" I watch as he looks around him, and then sliding his arm around my waist, lifts me off the floor.

I don't say anything. I don't have the energy to. Okay maybe i have, but I'm enjoying this too much. The heat radiating through his body is so.. soothing.

I spot his car abandoned at a weird spot, which shows that he was in a hurry or panicked. He gently places me in the passenger seat, and secures me with the seatbelt. Once he's behind the wheel, he quickly turns on the heater, and I start to feel a little alive.

In an attempt to lighten the tense atmosphere, I say, "You look cute."

He completely ignores me, and begins to drive.
I chuckle softly, and rest my head against the headrest, facing him. He looks so pretty. I feel the urge to smile madly. But, I know I cannot. This night is just weird. Tomorrow, we'll be back to our usual routine.

"Are you going to ignore me forever?"

"Shut up," he spits.

I roll my eyes, and look out of the window.
"At least tell me where are we going? My home, right?"

"No, mine."
_________________
I think Amber is such a drama queen