Volume 3: Lessons Learned

Start from the beginning

Ozpin left behind his desk and made his way to his large window, overlooking the school.

Ozpin: You are, I'm afraid.

Due to incredible astonishment, I made my way towards Ozpin's desk and sat on it.

Me: And my parents kept it from me..... for like how many years already!

Ozpin: Because we had to. Me, James, Glynda, Qrow, and your father, and a few others as well, our group was founded to protect mankind and the maidens, which your mother is included, and currently, you as well. You should know, your mother and father nearly lost their life protecting themselves and you. Those who have hungered for power have hunted them day and night, hoping of achieving the power your mother possesses. That was the time you were still in your mother's womb.

At this moment in time, I tried taking these statements in, word after word.

Me: This is... a lot to take in. Oh! There's still one more thing.

Ozpin: Hmm? And what could it be?

Me: The picture concealed in your desk.

Ozpin's eyes widened in astonishment before he relaxed himself down.

Ozpin: What about it?

Me: You said my mother passed away when I was born. But that picture is trying to tell me otherwise. So tell me, Professor, i-is my mother still alive, dead, or is she missing in action?

Ozpin: That still fact still remains to be seen, I'm afraid.

A look of confusion came upon your face at your Uncle's statement.

Me: Wha... What do you mean, remains to be seen??

FLASHBACK STARTS:

3rd Person's POV:

Isolde: Apollonir, my love, everyone. As you all know I've broken one of the most important will of being a Maiden, and now I must pay the price for it.

Ozpin and others were standing before the Winter Maiden in her all her wintry glory as she held her beloved son in her arms, the vast sea behind her as she stand near the edge of cliff.

Ozpin: Isolde, we can't be sure if Shadow really inherited your title as the Winter Maiden. You should be aware of the fact that--

Isolde: "That males can't exactly inherit the powers of a Maiden?" My dear Ozpin, the proof is right in front of you.

She says this as she gives her bundle of joy to Ozpin's arms, the boy's hair turning white from its original Blackish-brown color, his skin turning pale, and his eyes turning icy blue.

Apollonir: But Isolde...

Isolde: Hush, my love, hush. I've held onto my title as the Winter Maiden for too long. 80 years is enough for me, and yet I still look I'm in my early twenties. I've been that way ever since I received those powers. You fell in love with an old woman, Apollo.