Im sorry.

Ren didn't feel nothing because she didn't love him anymore. She felt nothing because it was too late. Everything he said came too late. She had already convinced herself that she didn't need him. That she was better off without him.

But she wasn't. She had barely left her apartment since she got it. She had her groceries delivered. The only time she left was to walk Toothless. Twice a day. Early in the morning, and late at night. Twice a day she left her apartment. But she continued to believe she was doing better.

She regretted that she hadn't spoken to him. To any of them. She hated it. She wanted to be with them. She loved them. She never thought she could love again but this group of friends had weaseled their way in. David had gotten in.

No matter how hard Ren tried to deny it, she was in love with him. She was in love with the whole group if she was being honest. They were all great and the group dynamic was something she had never experienced before. They made her feel included and that was rare for her.

So Ren sent a text.

To David:
Meet me in 20. Our usual spot.

It wasn't long before David had responded with an okay. Ren got out of bed and threw on some pants. She checked herself in the mirror quickly before deciding to go.

Ren was nervous. She hadn't been nervous around David since the day she met him. But something about knowing he loved her made her nervous. But Ren realized she want actually nervous. She was scared. Scared that he was goi to end up just like Jem. Ren was scared.

Ren walked through the door of the yogurt shop her and David used to go to. She saw him sitting at a table. As she started walking over to David, he looked up. Ren noticed he looked different. He had a little bit of scruff and he had dark circles under his eyes. Ren couldn't help but notice he still looked breathtakingly beautiful to her.

"Hey Ren."

Ren nodded at him acknowledging that he had spoken. She didn't trust her voice yet.

"Thanks for meeting me. I know I'm a little late bu-"

Ren interrupted him. "A little late? You weren't a little late. You were extremely late. I understand. Trust me I do. But a little late?"

David looked at her and smiled. "I've missed you. Everyone's missed you. Especially Scott and Kristen. They may have missed you more than me."

"I missed you. A lot. More than I ever thought I would. But I don't want to rush into this. I know how you feel. You know how I feel. I'm not rushing into this. That's what happened last time and I don't want to go through that. I can't go through that."

David nodded. "I understand. I just want you back."

Ren smiled and stood up. "I'll call you. Okay?"

David nodded and smiled. He was happy.

David stood up to walk after Ren but she stopped in front of him. She turned and gave him a hug. "Thank you for being the greatest thing to ever happen to me. You'll never know just how much you've done for me."

And with that she walked out the door.