You're cute when you sleep

Waking up the next morning was hard for Ren. At first everything was fine. Then it all came rushing back. The kiss, Liza, David, Heath's Snapchat, Alex.

Alex. The one person who had been there for her no matter what. They weren't even that close as friends but he was always there. Constantly making her feel better and feel happy.

Ren looked at him. He was still sleeping and she didn't want to wake him up, but there's something bout being stared at while sleeping that just wakes you up.

His eyes were still closed but he spoke, "Are you staring at me, Ren?"

She blushed slightly as he opened his eyes to look at her. "Just a little. You're cute when you sleep."

He smiled at her and reached over to the side of the bed to grab his phone. "It's only 9. We could get some breakfast or brunch or something? Only if you want of course."

Ren nodded at him, "I would love to, Alex."

They both got up and Alex left the room to shower and change. Ren walked to the bathroom and started her shower. She was thinking about everything that had happened last night and the way Alex had cared for her. Maybe David was right all those weeks ago. Maybe Alex did like her. Maybe he was who she was supposed to end up with, not David.

Suddenly she heard a knock on her door and she quickly got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her body. She opened it to find Scotty and Kristen.

Kristen spoke first, "So how did it go?"

Ren motioned them in so she could tell them about her night. "Let me finish getting ready while i talk to you. I'm going to get food with Alex."

They both nodded and she went to the bathroom to get dressed. She came out with her makeup and sat in front of the mirror.

"So, how'd it go?" Ren had realized that Scotty was practically a teenage girl.

"Well, I told him." She said

"And?"

"He said he also had a crush on me but there was Liza and something about driving him crazy. I don't remember much honestly, I was drunk."

Ren knew she wasn't going to tell them about the kiss. She didn't want anyone to know about it.

"Well what else do you remember?" Kristen asked

"I remember telling Gabbie I didn't feel good or something like that. I don't know. She brought me up here and took me to bed, gave me some medicine and told me to drink water. Then for some reason I was crying and then Alex got in somehow and then he calmed me down and we went to sleep."

Scotty opened his mouth to say something but Kristen gave him a look and he shut his mouth. Ren looked between them and finally Scotty broke. "I think Liza knows. We heard her talking with David last night about how she didn't like you because she thought you were in love with him."

Kristen gave her boyfriend a look and she just reached out her hand to grab Ren's. "Don't worry about it. Honestly. She was drunk too so she probably doesn't know what she was talking about."

Ren just shrugged and mumbled some weak excuse about how she wasn't in love with David.

Kristen gave her a sympathetic look, "From what you remember from last night I'd say he's too in love with Liza. I think maybe it's time to move on."

Ren nodded and quickly finished the makeup she had left to do. She was sad, and everyone could see it.

A light knock came from the door and Scotty went to answer it while Kristen rubbed Ren's back. In all honesty, Kristen and Scotty felt more like her parents than her own parents did.

Ren could hear light talking so she turned around to see who was at the door. Alex gave her a funny look and Ren just smiled at him.

"I like your shirt." He said

Ren looked down at her Peanut Butter shirt. She shrugged, "I love Peanut Butter. You ready to go?"

He nodded and they made their way to the elevator. Alex leaned down and whispered in her ear, "I didn't want to say this in front of Kristen and Scotty, but you look beautiful."

Ren blushed and smiled up at him. This was something new. She thought. I like it.