One step at a time.

I had been a week since Ren had talked to David. Even though she missed talking to him and being with him, she knew it was good to stay away. It was better for both of them. He just didn't know it.

There was a knock on her door and for some reason she expected it to be David. She wanted it to be him. Needless to say, she was disappointed when she opened the door. It was just the mail.

Walking back to her room she realized just how lonely it was here. There was no one in the house anymore. Just her. Her parents had gone on a "vacation". Really they were just trying to stay away from Ren. At least that's what she thought. They had been gone for months. Vacations don't last months.

Ren found herself looking up Davids videos. She had already watched all of his videos. But she couldn't stop. She wanted that. Friends like that. A life like that. One without worry. One full of laughter and love.

Ren felt her phone vibrate signaling a new message. Once again, hoping it was David, she was disappointed. It was her mother.

From Mom
Hope you're doing well sweetie.
Your father and I have decided to extend
our trip once again. We love you. Stay safe.

Of course you're extending your trip. Your never coming back.

It was wrong of her to think that they were never coming back. Of course they were. They wouldn't just leave her here all alone. But she wasn't exactly alone. If she just let it happen, she could have David and all his friends. She liked them. And she needed to grow up. Yeah it hurt, but they could help her.

To David
I want to get a dog. You down to come with?

One step at a time. She thought.

From David
When? And is it okay if Alex comes? We're supposed to be filming

Alex. Ren hadn't talked to him since the first night they met.

To David
Yeah that's fine. Are you going to film me getting a dog?

From David
I always film you. I just never put it in

He films me? She had never noticed David specifically filming her. She had been around while they filmed but she never felt that the focus of his camera was on her.

From David
I've realized how weird that makes me sound. I mean I film and your in it but I don't put it in because I don't know if you'd want to be in it. Not that the viewers don't already know who you are. They know everything

To David
It's okay. You can put them in if you want. I don't mind anymore. Also in a couple hours for the dog? I want it today

Ren was taking small steps on the road to "recovery". Jem would be proud.

From David
Sweet. Well I guess we can head over now since it takes a little while to get there. I can drive you. Your doing good Ren.

For the first time in a while, Ren thought that maybe she was going to be fine. Especially with a friend like David.

*Sorry about not updating for a while but I've just uploaded two chapters so hopefully that makes up for it! Please vote/comment/follow. All is appreciated :)