"Really?" "No"

Ren was sat in the drivers seat of her car when the gas light came on. She groaned loudly and looked at David.

"We need gas. Can you find a place for me?"

She turned back to the road and handed David her phone.

David opened up her phone and looked at her wallpaper.  He didn't see it the first time because he was in a hurry. But her wallpaper was her and a boy. Him kissing her on the cheek and her with the biggest smile on her face. He smiled. He thought it was cute.

"He died

"He died." Ren said looking at him. "About a year ago. In a car accident."

He looked at her again. She didn't seem fazed by it when she said it. Not one bit.

"Who was he?" He asked

After a short time she looked at him again. "Maybe I'll tell you one day." she said "Have you found that gas station yet?"

He simply nodded and gave her the phone back. She's different. He thought. I like that.

Ren looked at the directions once before locking the phone and heading in the direction of the store.

"Who are you anyway?" Ren asked

"I'm David Dobrik. I make YouTube videos with my friends?" He was trying to come across as cool but it just came across as a little bit scared. Maybe he was scared of what she would think.

She glanced him. "I think I've heard of you before."

"Really?" David asked

She laughed. "No."

He feigned hurt and laughed to himself. "I'm offended."

They laughed quietly to themselves and Ren stole a look at David. He was cute. She wasn't going to lie to herself. That's probably why she offered him a ride in all honesty. Well that and her need to constantly put herself in some kind of danger. Whether that be walking alone at 9 o'clock at night or offering a complete stranger a ride. 

She could see the gas station up ahead and started to slow down. They pulled up to a pump and Ren immediately got out. She was glad they had arrived. She was starting to get hot and needed some air.

"Do you want me to do that?" He asked

"Uh.. sure. I'll go get us some snacks or something. I'll be right back"

He nodded at her and began fueling. What is wrong with me? He's just a boy.

But he wasn't just a boy. She just didn't know it yet. She paid for the snacks and the gas and walked back outside.

Ren got back in the drivers side and looked at David. "So I didn't actually know what you liked so I just got things I liked and hoped you liked them too."

For some strange reason this made David laugh. It made him laugh so hard he was crying and Ren wasn't quite sure why. But she loved it. Once David stopped laughing he looked back at Ren.

"So what'd you get?" He asked, wiping some tears that had escaped

"Well I'm glad you asked. I got some chocolate milk and sour patch kids."

Ren handed him one of each and restarted her car. She smiled at David. "Off to LA"

**Pls vote/comment/follow! All is appreciated :)