Chapter 37

SO sorry for the late update. I was busy with the editing. Hope you enjoy. In shaa Allah. And oh! This is dedicated to my wonderful, amazing and loving older sister sylvator-Luqman.

Love you sis!

HIS POV:

The engine of the bus roared to life as the driver pressed on it. I looked out the window. This trip was officially ending. So much happened in the past three days; they felt more like three weeks. 

Romma. Bubbly, annoying Romma had told me she wanted to marry me. I still couldn't get over it. And then Maria seemed interested in me too. I don't even know why I've become someone in the spotlight. Life had been so simple before when nobody cared I existed. But then Romma started caring, and everything changed.

 And what really got to me, was that I started caring back for her. And she'd become a good person, turned into someone I had started to respect... And I...I honestly stared liking her. My heart beat faster in my chest as I thought this. Yes. Romma had always been an annoyance, but even I hadn't been able to escape her charms. I think I understand now why boys are crazy about her.

 But then, I saw her with Kyle. I bit my lip. I shouldn't be surprised maybe. She had never cared about getting close to boys, and Kyle had been her boyfriend once. But she had been with him after she had literally proposed to me. I felt anger in my blood.  How could she? Kyle had warned me of this. And later Maria too...

I don't know why everyone was trying to convince me that Romma was a bad person.

Well, she was. I thought she had changed. Thought that she had stopped hanging around with guys. But I was proven wrong. I saw her clinging to Kyle. I curled my hand into a fist. I hated it! I'd finally started liking her and she just had to ruin it. I felt cheated, betrayed. Was she toying with me? Was this a game for her where she made sure every boy became crazy about her and then flipped off?

I looked at a few seats ahead of me and saw her brown head. She was sitting there, beside Lucy, quietly. Her friends were chatting away loudly but she ignored them. I quickly looked away, realizing that I was staring at her. Then I glanced back at her for a moment. 

Was she really the person Kyle said she was? That Maria said she was? Come to think of it, these two people weren't exactly her friends. Should I really even believe them?

But I had seen it with my own eyes too. She WAS with Kyle and top of that, she had been so close, almost tucked into his side. "What are you thinking, Waqqar?!" A voice inside me suddenly interrupted. "You're gonna trust that jerk of a guy?"

 I thought hard about it. Was I really gonna trust KYLE? Kyle of all people? But, Maria said the same thing. But wasn't she Romma's rival? 

A picture of Romma flashed in my mind. I remembered back to the day when Romma had asked me to help her become a better person. I also remembered when she stood up to _what was his name_ oh right, Samuel. Was she really just faking it? When that happened, I knew that Romma wasn't lying. She really had changed.  But now?

"Why are you believing others? Aren't you confident enough? Don't you trust Allah and yourself?" The voice spoke again. I had always been so sure about everything I did. Because it was all to please Allah. But now, my head was spinning in a web of thoughts. Maybe I shouldn't judge Romma like this. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding. I sighed and held my head. I was getting a headache.

Exams were coming up and I had to focus. I wasn't gonna rely on Nadeem Chachoo for long. I had to get a scholarship. Romma was a huge distraction and I had to get her out of my mind. I felt like a guy in a Hollywood movie. When did life get so dramatic? I shook these thoughts out of my mind. I decided I would deal with Romma later and let this matter pend. After exams, inshAllah. After exams I would clear up my mind about what I had to do about her.