Chapter 24

HIS POV:

"Waqqar, we demand answers!" Harry declared, looking at me straight in the eye. I frowned in confusion as I turned to Damian to know what was going on. I had just sat down with these guys and Harry had demanded answers. Damian shrugged as he raised an eyebrow at me, indicating that he was supporting Harry. I shook my head placing my bag beside me.

"I don't know what you guys are talking about. Anyway, have you seen Romma? I have to talk to her." I asked them and Harry scowled even more. "See! That's what we want to talk about!" He said. "Yep. Everyday, you and Romma are hanging out. What's going on?" Damian spoke up. I looked at them even more confused. "What do you mean? There's nothing going on. Whatever's happening, it's in front of you." I told them. Harry shook his head. "It's not in front of us! Romma and you are always together now. And Romma has changed so much after spending time with you so much. She even stood up for you and ditched Samuel." Harry explained.

"You guys know about the Samuel incident? I remember clearly that you guys weren't in the cafeteria." I said. Damian nodded. "Duh! The whole school knows about that. I'm surprised you didn't know. There are so many rumors going on about you two. Which is why we want answers from you." He told me. My eyes widened. "What? Really?! That's terrible. Trust me guys, there's nothing going on at all! It's just that she wants my help to understand about islamic culture more." I defended myself and Romma.

Harry and Damian got silent. "Dude, we believe you. We know you're not the kind of guy who would just hook up with a girl." Damian assured while Harry nodded in agreement. Both of them shot me a smile. Before I could say anything, I felt a shadow hover over me. "Hey, Waqqar!" Romma stood there, with her tray of food in hand. Damian and Harry turned to face her. They looked at me as if asking to go away or not.

I motioned them to stay there and stood up. "Good timing, Romma. I actually wanted to talk to you." I smiled at her. For a moment, I saw her going stiff but then regained her posture and smiled back. "Sure." I picked up my bag.

I took her to another table where we sat down. She tore the packing around her burger and took a bite. "So" she munched on her burger. "What did you wanna talk about?" She asked. I hesitated twice before speaking up. "Here." I took out the letter from my bag and handed it to her. "What's this?" She questioned, examining the envelope carefully. "Read it. You'll find out." I told her, feeling nervous about sharing this with her.

I looked at her as she read the letter. Her lips turned into a smile during the process. She let out a laugh as she folded the paper and put it back inside the envelope. To be honest, I wasn't surprised as she laughed her heart out. I knew she'd react like this. "Waqqar!” finally, she was able to get the word out. Her laughter didn't stop. She stopped and took a deep breath, clutching her stomach tightly. "This is a love letter, Waqqar." She stated. I nodded. "Yes, I'm aware of that." I told her.

"I didn't know so many girls liked you." She said. I ran a hand through my hair, sighing. "Me neither." Romma stayed quiet as she stared at the perfumed envelope. "So," she looked up at me. "What'd you need me for?" She handed the envelope back to me. I shrugged. "I just want to know who this is. She called herself 'Prim_Rosa' which isn't a real name. I need your help to find out who she is." I stated bluntly. Romma raised an eyebrow at me.

"You do know getting involved in this kind of thing isn't right." She reminded me. I let out another sigh. "I know! But, I'm too curious. I don't get secret admirer letters everyday you know." I said as she nodded in agreement. "Well, you do have a point." She thought about it then clapped her hands as a bright smile spread on her face. "Alright then! I'll help you find her!" She exclaimed. "Jazakumullah Khair. You know I can't look at girls as it is Haraam. At least, I have a girl to do all the observation." I said. She gave me a thumbs up. "No problem, partner!"

I let out a short laugh. "But, whenever you receive a letter from her, you just HAVE to show it to me. That why I can have more clues." She ordered me. I nodded. "Yes, Ma'am." I said. She let out a small giggle. It was nice; the way Romma always helps me out no matter what it is. She's the one who helped out in a crutial time. She got me a job and got my uncle one as well. She's changing herself to be a better person. She's stopped her flirting and her childish behavior. Her hook ups have stopped as well.

If I'd have to describe her in a word, I'd probably say "dream girl". She's got the potential and the fire in her to be a really hard working, kind, responsible and pious girl. I can't believe I'd ever think about Romma like this. She really has changed.