Chapter 14

HER POV...

"Hey, Waqqar? Help me with this all." I said, taking out another huge bag of gifts. Waqqar came to me. "WHAT" He looked at me, shocked. "Is all this?" He completed the sentence. I shrugged. "Gifts" I simply replied. He looked at me as if he had seen a ghost. "Yeah. But all this?!" He questioned, helping me take out another bag. I nodded. "We had to bring the gifts. It's one of the main reasons why we're here." I told him.

"Yeah, but not an army of them." He said. "Well, that's the last of them." I told him, pointing at the largest bag of them all. "Pick it up." I practically ordered him. He gave me a mean look. "Why should I do it?" He asked. I wrapped my arms around myself​for dramatic effect. "Because this fragile body of mine might not be able to take it." I said, dramatically. He rolled his eyes making me laugh silently. Sighing, he picked up the last bag and took it inside. I closed the back trunk of the car and walked behind him.

Reaching there, we saw that Meena had already made quite a lot of friends. She was laughing and giving them sweets. The room was not that big nor too small. There were cupboards at each corner. Some filled with books, some filled with toys and some filled with DVDS. The whole room was filled with decorations made by the children themselves. The room had kids from age 5 to 13 years old. The teenage boys had made a group and we're pulling mischievous stunts at the girls and the little kids were playing together.

"Welcome. It's so good to see you here." A woman with brown hair and blue eyes came up to us. She looked as if she was in her mid thirties. Waqqar smiled at her politely and I did the same. "You too." We both said at the same time. "My name is Bridgette, but the kids refer to me as Bri. Come in and I'll introduce you to the children." She smiled excitedly.

We stood in the middle of the room, the bags of gifts placed at the side of the room. "Children!" Bri clapped her hands in the air to get the kids' attention. They all looked at us and we smiled at them. "So, these are your guests for today. This is Waqqar and this is Romma. They will be spending three hours with you. Please make them feel comfortable." Bri announced. All of the children nodded innocently. "Well, then. My work's done. I'll leave the rest to you." Bri told us. I nodded. "No worries. We've got everything under control." Waqqar assured her.

She flashed him a smile and he returned it. I felt like a pressure cooker for some reason. Clearing my throat, annoyed both of them turned to me. "Let's start then." I said. Waqqar agreed. Bri walked out of the room. Waqqar went to the boys and I walked to the girls.

Girls aged from 10 to 13 sat around me and made a circle. I sat in the middle. "So, what's it like to have  parents?" A beautiful girl asked me. I suddenly felt an arrow hit me. These young children had no parents. They don't have a proper home or anyone to treat them specially. I had my father to spoil me and I can't even imagine going through a day without dad. The kids don't have that kind of freedom. Besides, I'm a full grown up girl. These are just little children.

"It's... Nice." I told them. All of them leaned in closer. "Do you get to go shopping everyday?" Another asked me. I nodded hesitantly. "Yeah, sometimes when I'm not that tired." I said. They all squealed. "Wow! I wanna go shopping one day as well." A pretty blonde exclaimed. I smiled at them sadly. "That's the reason why I bought so many gifts for you guys. Wait until you see the dresses I bought." I whispered the last part to them. All of them giggled.

I got up and walked to where the bags were placed. "Come on kids! Come here." I called and everyone rushed towards me. I started giving the gifts away. Giving the jewelery and dresses to the bug girls and dolls, kitchen sets etc. To the little girls. Waqqar helped me out giving the boys their own. There were mostly Cars and toy guns for the boys. Can't blame me. I'm a girl. I have no clue about what boys like and don't. "I bought some extra stuff, so help yourself." Waqqar said.

After all the distribution was done, I plopped down on a small couch. Man! That was difficult!

After talking to the girls about clothes, makeup, shoes and boys, I looked at Waqqar's way. He was talking to the boys and it seemed that he was giving them a lecture from his expression. I laughed. Typical Waqqar. Preaching everywhere he goes. But, I had seemed to start liking that about him. It was a good thing. He never really cared about what people would think about him. He would just do whatever he wanted to without caring. That's a good thing.