My chemistry teacher is an interesting lady.

Start from the beginning

Before I can even fathom what is happening and why I reach at my back and pull out the seprah blade and throw it directly towards the threat. The same time my attempted shot lands on the figures feet an arrow makes it's way towards his head only to be stoped by the man's hand.

The figure of the enemy trembles and it reforms into one of a blonde woman with red lipstick.

"The reaction time was abysmal. Except for you two." She nods towards us and then fixates her eyes on me before looking back at the blade a few centimeters away from her feet. "Kind of..." she trails off causing me to hide my face behind my hair embarrassed.

"I'm Lydia Branwell, envoy from the clave." The woman introduces herself the same time Maryse walks out of her office and approaches the scene. "The clave has ordered me to take temporary control of this institute." She goes on into further explanation and I notice Alec tensing beside me, looking intensely at the blonde.

"Where is Clary Fairchild? I would hope someone here knows." Lydia eyes us suspiciously before moving towards us.

"She's in the field training." Alec offers her to which she raises her eyebrows in disbelief.

"You're telling me she's just out and about in the streets of New York? Valentine's daughter?" She question us.

"Isn't she also your cousin?" Isabelle , who has come close to us along with my brother, asks her with her arms crossed over her chest ,as she eyes the girl up and down.

"Distant cousin." The woman corrects her as she turns around to face me and Alec again ,clearly waiting for an answer.

"Yeah, because we couldn't live with the extreme suspense of not knowing about your degree of relativity with Clary." I comment rolling my eyes."She's with Jace, by the way." I add in order to help the situation but Lydia looks unfazed and unimpressed at me.

"The same Jace Wayland who decided to lead an unsanctioned raid against the vampires?" She questions and upon noticing our confused expression she moves to elaborate. "I've read the reports. You must be the Belchers by the way." She adds looking between me and my brother.

"My father used to know your grandparents before they died, he was actually working for them." She says with a hint of admiration in her voice which quickly fades when she addresses to us again. "Glad to know that at least some of the important, powerful people are here right now." She sasses.

It's weird having someone like her say that we are important and most of all powerful. I mean clearly she doesn't know how disappointing we turn out to be after you get to know us. Still her comment makes me uncomfortable and judging by Adams tense shoulders I'd say that it worked for him too.

"Jace might be unconventional but he is our best soldier. If he's with Clary then she's in safe hands." Maryse supports Jace and Alec turns to look at me with a worried look.

"I hope so." Lydia deadpans. "For your sake and all of New York. All of your jurisdiction better be well protected." She gives us a warning look before moving to one of the screens at the corner of the room accompanied by Maryse.

"Not a fan." Isabelle announces as soon as she is out of ear sight.

"Jealous?" Alec asks with an amused tone and I turn to look at him furrowing my eyebrows.

"No." Isabelle scoffs and after a second she gives in leaning on the table."maybe. How did she catch that arrow?" She exclaims exasperated and I look at her with an amused smirk.

Suddenly Alec's phone beeps, what he sees causes him to widen his eyes and head towards where Lydia and his mother are standing with me, Adam and Isabelle fast behind him.