Chapter 14

Lelo

The words had barely left my mouth before Alexander jumped to his feet, pulling me along with him and giving me a deep toe-curling kiss.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he drew me closer to his body until there was no longer any space between us. I ran my hands through his silky soft hair, eliciting a groan from him. My goodness, where did this man learn how to kiss this good?

It was only when I felt a certain part of him hardening against my stomach and his hands moving towards my chest that I came back to earth and remembered that we were in public and we were giving everyone around us a free show.

I broke the kiss, making him groan in refusal and try to follow my lips until my back was bent over our table. The fact that I was running away from the kiss did not deter him, he just started kissing me all over my neck and chest. "Al... Alex, stop. We're in public, let me go."

"No." He says, hiding his face in my shoulder.

"Alex, come on. Let me go so that we can sit down and finish our conversation."

I push at his chest but he doesn't move an inch, am I pushing at a brick wall or what?

He lifts his head from the crook of my neck and looks down at me with a small smile. "Mine at last." He says with so much wonder, possessiveness and adoration.

I look up at him expectedly then gesture towards our intertwined bodies, he sighs as he nods in acquiescence and motions for me to sit down. I do so, followed by him. He drags my chair so that I'm sitting right next to him. I shake my head in defeat and decide to keep my mouth shut regarding his actions.

"So here's what I was going to say before you cut me off Alex," I look pointedly at him. "Yes, I'll be yours. You're a wonderful man and it would be a pleasure to be your girlfriend. I do have some conditions however... We'll try to see how dating goes between us but we'll take things slowly. I don't want my life to be in the newspapers, you know how sacred my privacy is and I want you to promise that you'll do all you can to protect it."

He takes my hand in his and kisses my knuckles, "I promise to do all I can to ensure your comfort and happiness baby. You can trust me."

Our lunch date goes by fast, coupled with lots of random kisses from Alex then he takes me back to work. Thankfully most people have already gone back to their stations as lunch time is over so we don't attract as much attention as before.

He gives me a deep, lingering kiss before leaving me to go back to work. I can feel everyone's eyes on me as I go to my workspace. I guess news travels fast in this place. I channel my inner Danny and hold my head high as I walk past everyone, if they're going to make me into a spectacle I might as well give them a show worth remembering.

_________________________

"You have a lot of explaining to do Lelo Dube." Says Rose walking into my office, followed by Neo who smiles apologetically at me.

"I tried to stop her from barging in to your office but you know how she is." I give her a smile and nod because Rose definitely does not know how to chill out and tends to blow things out of proportion. They both sit down at the two chairs in front of my desk.

"What exactly do I have to explain Rose?" I ask her calmly, leaving my work and giving her my undivided attention.

"You. Alexander Greene. The lobby. What was that?" Her voice becomes raised with every word that comes out of her mouth.

"Rose, I need you to take a deep breath and calm down, okay?" I say soothingly as it's obvious that my friend is close to having a fit.

"Yes Rose, calm down for goodness sake." Neo chimes in, rubbing Rose's arm.