Chapter 2

Lelo

Song for this chapter chapter: Christina Perry - Jar of hearts

"That bastard!!! He's really never deserved your tears babe, you know that I've always thought that he's an idiot but he's just proved that he's actually more than that to have let go of a gem such as yourself."

Danny paces the room, unable to hide his anger. "You should've let me go and kick his ass Lelz, he deserves it." I had to beg him to not go and beat up my ex, Sam because he's not worth Danny being arrested for assault.

I get up from my bed and hug him tightly, "I love you very much big bro." He hugs me back tighter and kisses my forehead, "I love you more sis."

Danny is very protective when it comes to me and I appreciate having him in my life. We were next door neighbours while growing up and our mothers are best friends so we automatically became best friends as well. Both of us don't have any siblings so we adopted each other, he gained a little sister/ best friend while I gained a big brother.

"Get dressed okay? Breakfast is ready." Danny says as he pushes me towards the bathroom. I chuckle and I do as he says. I take a short shower then I decide to wear a baggy vest and sweat pants.  After getting dressed I make my way downstairs to the kitchen.

When I get there I'm greeted by Danny waiting for me and a variety of wonderful smells surrounding us.

When I look at the table my breath hitches as I see that it's decked in every breakfast dish I love, "aww besty you made all my favourite dishes?"

I laugh as he takes a bow, "I sure did my lady."
I hug him tightly and kiss his cheek, "thank you."

"It was my pleasure honey." We then sit at the table and dig in. I look up from my pancake that's drowning in syrup and topped with strawberries as Danny clears his throat.

"So how about we go shopping today?"

"Danny..." I immediately want to refuse because I was thinking of spending the day on the couch watching Chicago Med episodes and eating junk food but he holds up his hand.

"You need retail therapy love, we'll go shopping then we'll go to a spa and get massages, manis and pedis then later on tonight we're going to that hot new club Blaze and I won't take no for an answer."

I sigh heavily and nod because I know that there's absolutely no arguing with Danny when he uses that tone of voice. Just as I begin collecting the dishes in order to wash them, he takes them from my hands.

"I've got the dishes Lelz, just go and get ready."
He says as he pushes me out me out of the kitchen, "but.."

"No buts, just go already or we'll be late."

"Okay, okay. Fine, I'm going."
When I get to my room I change into a floral maxi dress, sandals then grab my sunglasses and handbag.
When I get to the living room, I find Danny already changed into chino shorts, a vest and flip flops.

He turns when he sees me, "ready to go?"
"Let's go before I change my mind."
_______

Four hours later we're at Zevenwacht mall. We've had our manis, pedis and massages. Danny even convinced me to get a full body wax and after all that burning pain, let me just put it out there- I am never doing it again.

Now we're in the midst of clothes shopping. Let me rephrase that, I'm here in the plus size section of the shop following Danny while he chooses clothes that he feels would suit me.

"Danny, we've been shopping for hours and I'm tired, not to mention hungry." I whine childishly and two women close to us give me dirty looks, I stick out my tongue at them. What's their problem?

"We're almost done love then lunch is on me. I just need you to go into the fitting room so that we can see how these clothes look on you, okay?"

He carries the clothes for me and just as he's about to walk in, a shop assistant hurries towards us.
"Sir, you can't go in there. This is a female fitting room."

Danny gives her a smile, "don't worry sweetheart. I don't swing that way." Yep Danny is gay, I was the first person he told when he was twelve years old and I was eleven.

I was also the one who convinced him to tell his parents and I was there holding his hand as he told them. Aunt Lizzie, his mom told us that she'd always known but his father thought that it was just a stage and he'd get over it. Well he didn't but they both accepted him as he is...

"I understand sir but you still can't go in there."

"It's okay Danny, I'll come out and show you." He huffs and glares at the shop assistant who recoils and runs away. Danny's glares are very scary, you do NOT want to have one directed at you.

I go in and so begins the process of changing into different outfits and having my best friend give his opinion on all of them. Did I mention that Danny works as a celebrity stylist and make up artist? So I always rely on his expertise when it comes to shopping and all things beauty related.

I finally buy a few clothes, okay I buy a LOT of clothes but it's not my fault, Danny has always been a bad influence on me.

Suddenly I feel my cellphone vibrating in my bag and when I check who it is, it's an unknown number. I debate whether to answer it or not, I know that I haven't given anyone my number recently. At the end curiosity gets the best of me and I go into a quiet corner to answer it.

"Hello."

"Baby, it's me. Please don't hang up, I just want to talk."
Sam, my ex... I take a deep breath, I should've known it was him.

"What is there left for us to talk about? Was blocking your number and removing you from all my social networks not enough for you to get the fact that I want nothing to do with you?"

"Baby, I'm really sorry. How many times do I have to beg for you to forgive me?"

"You don't have to apologise anymore Sam, I've forgiven you."

"So will you take me back now?" He asks hopefully, what a cheek!!!

"No, I forgive you but I'll never get back together with you. You really hurt me by cheating on me and I can't forget that."

"Baby please, I'm so sorry. I regret everything, I pr-"

"Goodbye Sam, don't call me again."

With that I switch off my phone and go back to Danny who's waiting for me by the shop's entrance.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I'm hungry, let's go eat now."

"What do you feel like eating?" He asks me as we walk out of the shop, him carrying the majority of the shopping bags.

"Seafood."

"Seafood, it is then."

We walk into Ocean Basket and I sigh with happiness as I finally sit down. A pretty waitress comes and takes our orders.

I choose grilled calamari tossed in a Mediterranean salsa and topped with rocket while he chooses Thai green salad with shrimp and spicy almond dressing.

When we're done eating it's already four o'clock, he pays for us and then we're on our way back to his place.

As he opens the door for me to his house I hug him from behind, "thank you for today Danny and for being there for me these past three weeks, I don't know what I did to deserve you but I'm grateful." He turns around and wraps his arms around me, "it was my pleasure my darling. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself today now go get some rest while I fix something for supper. I'll wake you up when I'm done."

I'm too tired to even argue with him because like always, Danny knows best. I head to my room, take off my clothes, remove my make-up, put on a loose t-shirt and shorts then get into bed. I fall asleep as soon as my head hits my pillow.

_______________________________________
I sure wish that I had a friend that's as supportive as Danny 😍...
I hope that you're enjoying the story and if so, please vote, comment and follow. Chapter 3 coming right up.