Chapter 12

Alexander

"So how did the date with your mystery lady go last night?" Aaron asks from his seat across from me, in answer I glare at him from behind my desk before pushing his legs that he had crossed on top of my desk.

"Since when do I discuss my love life with you Aaron? Could you also please enlighten me as to why you're in my office at eleven o'clock in the morning instead of working?"

"You started discussing your love life with me the day I became your luuuurve doctor and could you please relax? I'll be working tonight Alex, can we get back to you and your date now?"

"I truly will never understand why you choose to work as a bar tender when you've got a degree from one of the best universities in the world. You're tweny five years old Aaron, you're not fifteen anymore. You need to get your life in order."

"I'm here for news on your date, not a lecture Alex. We've had this talk before, multiple times to be exact and I'm sick of if. So if you won't tell me anything then I'm leaving, I'll see you later." He says standing up and making his way to the door.

"The date went well, she's a great woman, smart, beautiful, funny as hell, we don't have a lot in common though but I think that we could still work. She however wants us to be friends and "get to know each other better."

Aaron bursts out laughing at the "friends" part. Moron.

"She seriously doesn't know you and the infamous Greene stubbornness, does she? Poor girl, she doesn't know what she's in for." Aaron says getting back to his seat, I nod in agreement.

"I only agreed to that because as her 'friend' I get to keep her close. I don't want to come on too strong and make her turn tail and run."

"So she doesn't know that you've had her investigated or the fact that you're practically obsessively stalking her?"

"What the hell do you mean 'stalking her'? I may have looked into her past and pre planned us meeting again last week but that in no ways means that I'm stalking her. Okay so maybe it does a bit but it's all for a good cause, it's not like I want to kill her or something like that."

"I should hope not, orange overalls wouldn't be a good look for you. You know, if I didn't know better I'd think that you were in love with this woman or is it the thrill of the chase? Is that why you're doing all of these things? You've never had to run after a woman before or work this hard to get any of them. Once they hear that you're the famous Alexander Greene, they fall at your feet. Except this one woman. You know what? I think that I'd actually like to meet her because she's a legend."

"No, you're not meeting her Aaron. I'm trying to make her mine, not to make her run away from me by having her meet my delinquent of a brother, no offence."

"None taken."

Just then my phone vibrates in my pocket, everyone knows not to call me during office hours but I decided to leave my phone on in case she wants to talk. Oh God I'm so whipped.

Today must be my lucky day because what do you know, it is her. Aaron fake gags at the huge grin I have on my face.

"Hello babygirl. What a surprise to hear from you."

"Hello Mr Greene, so when I came to work today I found my workspace filled with a dozen bouquets of yellow roses. Do you perhaps know anything about who might have sent them?"

Busted.

"No, I can't say I do. I only send flowers to gorgeous women I've been on an amazing date with that I'd love to get to know better. I don't send flowers to my friends just for the sake of it and if I remember correctly, you said that you wanted us to be only friends."

"Uh-huh, so the chocolates and thank you card wasn't from you as well? Because the card is signed 'A'." I can tell that she doesn't believe a single word that I'm saying.

"I can neither deny nor confess to anything but please tell me dear friend, did you at least like them however?"

"Yes I did. I actually love them. Yellow roses are my favourite, you may recall me telling you that last night. And I could never say no to expensive chocolate."

"I'm glad that you liked them babygirl, how about you have lunch with me today?"

"I'd really love to Alexander but I can't today, I've already got plans. Maybe some other time."

"Tomorrow then."

She sighs and I'm sure that she'll reject me again but, "okay. We'll meet up tomorrow, I know that I'm a little too late but sorry for disturbing you while you're working."

"It's fine, so I'll see you tomorrow them."

She drops the call and I throw my phone across the desk with a curse.

"Mystery lady not falling for your charms?"

I glare at my annoying younger brother, "why the fuck are you still here Aaron?"

"I wanted to watch my bro work his magic on his mystery woman and I have to say, I am very disappointed in you Alex."

"What the hell do you want me to do? She's so damn determined to run away from me that every time I take a step towards her, she takes two away from me." My voice is laced with frustration and I can't keep the scowl off my face.

"I never thought that I'd ever say this but is it possible that you might have read her wrong? How sure are you that she's interested in you romantically?"

"Don't patronise me Aaron, I'm not an idiot. I know when a woman is interested in me and I wouldn't be after her if I wasn't sure that she wants me as well. She even confessed that herself but I can tell that she's scared to let me in and the playboy reputation I've built up over the years is not helping at all. I've never felt this way about any woman before. I've never wanted any woman this badly, I think that I'm becoming addicted to her."

"Whoah, that's deep. For the first time in my life I don't know what to say except good luck bro but I also know that you don't need that. You wouldn't be where you are if you were not resilient and stubborn as fuck. I just want you to know I'm here if you need any help, you know that."

I nod at him, happy to know that I have backup in this. Lelo is mine whether she knows it or not. All mine. Everything in me calls out to her. I need to have her. I've never had any of these wild and primitive urges for any woman before and it's just my luck that the first woman to make me feel like this is determined to run away from me. I'm not giving up on her though, something tells me that she'll be worth it. I just need to be a bit more patient.

.....................................

ONE Night Only is #179 on Chicklit babies 💃. Thank you for all the support. The best I can do to show my appreciation is to give y'all virtual hugs so come here loves *hugs each and every reader tightly.* I'd like to give special thanks to the many people who added this book to their reading lists♥. This chapter is dedicated to all of you😗.