15 Kitten Ariel Part 5

Author's Narration 

Ariel:

I sit there in the passenger seat next to Auntie Ruby, Ruby turns to me "what would you like for lunch?" asks Ruby, she turns to me, I shrug and say "I dunno" and put my thumb in my mouth "Ariel what would you like? Would you like KFC or McDonalds?" Ruby asks me I shrug again, I start to get antsy I don't know what I want at all.

Ruby:

I ask Ariel again as we approach this outlet of different fast food restaurants, "what do you want?", again Ariel doesn't know what she wants "well if you don't make a decision by the time I count to ten we will go home and you will have nothing" Ariel sits there, arms folded I begin my count down.

1...2...3...4...5...6

And on the count of six "okay, okay I want a KFC" says Ariel "come on then" I say and we both get out the car, close our doors and make our way to the KFC.

The KFC is very busy and we are stood behind a line of nine, add us that's 11 people in totally.

Ariel:

There is a couple a boyfriend and girlfriend in front of me with a lad mate who is like a 3rd wheel to the couple, I watch as they stand on the side waiting for their order, the 3rd wheel laughs and jokes with the boyfriend of the girlfriend who's hair looks like she's been dipped in bright orange paint for far too long, her eyelashes long and she laughs with the couple and then her boyfriend makes his move and kisses her, my stomach somersaults like why is it men and women can kiss and show their affection for each other but if, if's it's a man and his boyfriend or me and my Mummy it is classed as wrong?

Me and Ruby move up the line as the couple and their friend make their way to a booth styled table and then the line moves up this time it is a group of 4 lads who are college students as the badge around their neck reads student and the logo at the college they are at. I stand there and don't move, but I get impatient just stood there whilst this group of lads stand there waiting for their order they laugh and joke between them as lads do. I stand there next to Ruby, shuffling my feet like I do in my navy with a white strip trainer-converse styled shoes that are just slip on and off.

I feel Ruby nudge me, I turn my head to Ruby "why don't you get us somewhere to sit?" says Ruby "okay Ruby" I say, I walk off and find a place to sit, I walk about the restaurant and find a table of 3 one which is for four people in a group then there was one which was perfect for two people, I slide and sit on the cushioned seating area and wait for my popcorn chicken and chips with a small gravy on the side that I like to cover the chips in. I sit there until I see Ruby at the front of the queue and getting our order.

When Ruby gets to the front of the queue "hiya what would you like?" says the chubby, made up server "Hi I would like a zinger rice box please" says Ruby "yep what drink would you like?" says the server "a diet coke" says Ruby "yep" says the server "then I want a popcorn chicken meal with a small gravy and a coke" says Ruby "yeah is that everything?" asks the server "yes thanks" says Ruby "that's £10.98" says the server, Ruby takes her card out of her purse and swipes her card "yep that's done" Ruby removes her card and puts it back in her purse before going to the side and waiting for the order.

Ruby:

I stand and wait two minutes before my order is ready I stand next to a pair of two giggly, pretty, made up girls one with blonde hair down her back and the other a brunette pretty much the same hair down her back, big teeth (That Bucky the Beaver would gladly have them to cut into his wood with them), glasses with a thick rim and wearing a pair of boots that are over the knee like mine and I look around, pondering. 

The two girls get their order and go to a table over the the other side of where Ariel is sat, they walk passed Ariel and have a giggle, Ariel gives a pissed off look, snarls as if to say "fuck off you little bitches" like Ariel does about most silly teenage girls with nothing better to do and then my order comes through I take two straws and some salts for me and Ariel, I take the tray with our food and carry it over to the booth me and Ariel are sitting at, I hand Ariel her popcorn chicken meal and small gravy pot, I take off the lid and put it on the side for Ariel to smother her chips in.

Ariel:

I sit there eating a few pieces of chicken popcorn, before drizzling my thick, gloopy gravy on my chips whilst Ruby is eating her ricebox (it makes me think why does she eat a fucking salad when there's not a pick on her? Those are the questions that haunt me at night like the girls who walked passed me it's like why a salad when you're skinny enough as it is?) anyway eye roll and eat.

Me and Ruby sit there in silence and don't breathe a word to each other we eat and drink and that's pretty much it.