Kaname inner thoughts

Kaname wasn't as surprised as Zero seeing his children being mated to his childhood friends. Kaname was a little stressed from being the king which was more of just position of title and has more influence on decisions. Kaname loved both is mates Shane and Zero because they bought out his humanity making him feel young more alive. Shane was his first mate and the connection he has with her is undeniable innocence but also very beautiful light in his most bad memories of his past.

Zero on the other hand was his second mate but that didn't make him any less important to him. He was just strong partner who at first fought the connection constantly only saying he loved Shane. After sometime he found it wasn't because he still hated him but it was more Zero wasn't use to love or affection let alone having two life partners. After they almost lost Shane twice they both realized not only how much they needed each other but also how much Shane meant to him.

Kaname and Shane relationship was like a sweet erotic dream while with Zero it was battle to let Kaname into his heart. Now he thought back to his children and knew they had things a lot easier then his love triangle. Zane would be king along with his partner Senri which was both strange and good. Deep inside Kaname, Shane and Zero were always good at heart which didn't really surprised anyone at the ceremony when he announced both as his soul mates when he was crowned rightfully king.