Chapter 6- Psycho chick alert!!!

Chapter 6

Psycho chick alert!!!

When the bell for sounds for school to officially be over I jump up and head for the door. I remember Caleb and then stop at the door and wait for him. "Awwww, how sweet, you waited for me." he says as he plants a light kiss on my cheek. I know my face turns blood red when he does this. "Oh, don't flatter yourself Davis. I just need someone to walk with." I lie and shove him playfully.

A completely fake hurt look comes across Caleb's face as he brings his hand to his heart. "Ouch, that hurts Ms. Taylor. I am devastated by your harsh words." he says and starts to fake cry. "Oh, dry it up Caleb." I say while laughing. He then stops his fake crying and laughs along with me.

While making our way to our lockers Caleb takes me by surprise and grabs my hand. As we continue walking people passing us down the hallway are giving me weird looks, especially girls, as if they are wondering, who's she? Out of nowhere Rachel and Amanda pop up behind us and gush "OHHHH, you two are soooo cute together!" exclaims Amanda. "SHHHH, Manda', your embarrassing Cori." says Rachel as she notices my face turning red for the hundredth time today. I mouth thanks to Rachel and she just smiles back at me.

When Caleb and I turn into the hallway where our lockers are, I look over and see that Miranda girl leaning against Caleb's locker with her arms folded across her chest. I then see Miranda's eyes shift to where me and Caleb hands are intertwined. In an instant her expression changes to a furious look. All of a sudden she is storming over towards us.

"Who the hell is she?" exclaims Miranda.

"Its none of your business, Miranda. Go away." retorts Caleb.

"No way, not a chance, not till I get some answers." says Miranda

"Well, I guess you will be standing here for a long time... Why do you even care? What I do and who I see is no longer your business anymore. So don't bother." says Caleb.

"Whatever, we'll see about that." she says, and then she turns to me and says "You better watch it, loser, if I ever see you with him again, your gonna regret it." threatens Miranda.

Caleb immediately steps in front of me and gets in Miranda's face "Back off, Miranda! You lay one finger on Cori and YOUR gonna regret it." retorts Caleb. "Get this straight Miranda. I am NOT your boyfriend anymore, so please do me and yourself a favor and back the hell OFF!" shouts Caleb. Miranda is staring wide eyed at Caleb and then snaps out of it and rolls her eyes "Whatever." she mutters before walking away.

When Miranda is out of sight Caleb turns to face me. "I'm really sorry about that. Don't worry about her. She's all talk." Caleb tells me as he pulls me into a hug. "Its okay. I've been through worse. But thanks for standing up for me. Seriously, thank you. It felt nice to have someone actually do that for me for once." Caleb smiles down at me and kisses my forehead "No thanks necessary. I would do that for you any day." he says and then releases me.

"What. A. Bitch." I look over to see Rachel and Amanda staring at us with wide eyes.

"Yeah, seriously. I've always known she was a bitch, but when did she turn into such a mental case?" says Amanda.

"Oh, Manda', she's ALWAYS been a mental case. Question is, how dare she mess with our Cori, the bitch is gonna pay." seethes Rachel.

"How long have you two been standing there?" I ask Rachel and Amanda.

"Um, the entire time, we were about to step in when psycho chick got in your face, but then Caleb stepped in for us." answers Amanda.

"Cori, if Miranda ever bothers your again, just let us know. We will gladly take care of her for you." Rachel tells me.