Chapter 2- New

Chapter 2

New

As I look at the inside of my new home, I am at a loss for words. The house is absolutely perfect. But one thing I notice immediately I find shocking. "Its already furnished?" I ask dad.

He looks at me and smiles, "Yep, and so is your and Tiffys new rooms." When he says that I think my eyes about pop out of my head and my mouth drops to the floor.

"Are you serious, dad? Which way is my room?" squeals Tiffany.

"Up the stairs turn to the right hallway and your room is the second door on the left." Dad looks at me and says. "Cori, your room is left of the stairs, first door on the left." A second later he adds. " It was your mothers idea to put you all in separate hallways to keep the bickering down a little."

When dad finished talking Tiffany and I took off up the stairs. I knew Tiff had reached her room first because I hear her shriek when she seen her room. "Oh, my God, it's gorgeous!" I hear her yell.

I was nervous when I went to open the door to my room, I mean my parents decorated it, how great could it be?

The moment I entered my room the nervousness was replaced by pure joy. If my mouth didn't drop to the floor a moment ago, it had to of dropped now. It was absolutely perfect. It was decorated in my favorite colors: red, orange, and pink. But what immediately caught my attention was the door that led outside. I walked up to the door and pushed aside the curtains that cover the windows on the door and seen the most breathtaking view ever. You can see the ocean from here, my mind shouted. I opened the door to the balcony and stepped out on the stone floor. "Its gorgeous, isn't it?"

 I jump at the voice and look over to see Tiffany standing at the railing. "Gezz, you scared the crap outta me Tiff. How'd you get out here?"

"I have a door to the balcony too, smart one." she answers.

 I look over at the other door and groan. "Great. Now I've gotta put with you when I'm out here."

Tiffany rolls her eyes and says "Oh, get over it birdbrain."

I walk up to the railing and look down, "Oh my gosh, Tiff, did you see this? Look down." In the back yard there's a infinity pool with a stone waterfall that cascades into the water, and a hot tub. I turn around and sprint through the door and into my room and head down stairs and out the back door. When I look around I see a mini kitchen under the balcony along with a table, and a swing with furniture that looks like it belongs in a living room. In the yard beside the pool is a beautiful fire pit with cozy looking chairs surrounding it. While standing there taking my surroundings in I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"You like it, sweetie?" asks mom.

 I turn to look at my mom and I grin at her and gush, "Oh mom, I love it. But how did you and dad get this ready in a weeks time?" I ask.

My mom laughs and says "Oh honey, me and your father have been preparing for this move for months, we just decided to put off telling you and Tiffany."

"Why didn't you wanna tell us?" I ask.

 Mom just sighs and says, "Well, we knew how hard you and your sister would take leaving your friends, so we decided to let you and Tiff spend the last few months in Armada like everything was normal. So that you Tiffy wouldn't spend those months sad about leaving your friends." Mom sighs again and adds. "But if I had known how hard your were having it at school with Ashlynn and your other friends I would have told you sooner."

"Its okay, mom. I'm great now. I can start over here." I say. As I as say those words I can feel excitement brewing inside me for my first day at Panorama High.