Bickering Old Couple..

PLEASE READ THE A/N IN THE END. THANK YOU :*

RECAP:

Shane was about to say something but then he closed his mouth his eyes fixed  right past my shoulder.. I looked around to see none other than Damon Salvatore approaching us.. he had a glint of danger in his eyes that made me shiver..

"everything ok here?" he asked icily.. eyes fixed on Shane.. sending him daggers while resting his arm possessively around my waist.. which pissed me right off! How dare he just show up here, threaten my bestfriend, put his arm around me as if yesterday's phone call didn't happen..

I jerked his arm and pushed him away.. "yes! All is dandy Salvatore.. you may leave now.." I say coldly.. not even bothering to look at him.. afraid his eyes would capture me in one of our stares that make my blood run cold in my veins.

"who is this?" both boys asked with venom in their voice..

"Damon, this Shane, my bestfriend.." I introduced them.. "Shane, this is Damon, no one.. now get in the car before we're late.."

I get in and slam the door while Shane copies me.. I pull out of the driveway watching a dumbfounded Damon in my rearview mirror..

Chapter 10

The ride to school was silent.. an uncomfortable silence that is, which has NEVER happened before.. he wouldn't tell me what's wrong and I wouldn't talk to him..

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, head leaned against the window, a frown on his face.. he looked really distraught and I couldn't take it anymore.. I parked the car on the side of the road and turned to him.. he still wouldn't look at me..

"Shane.." I started.. he didn't say anything.. "Shane please, look at me.."

He looked at me then.. eyes sad and glistening with tears.. oh god..

"Shane please what's wrong?!" I can't stand to see my usually very cheerful and loud bestfriend like this..

"mom is dead Rosie.." he whispered.. his voice was so low that I almost didn't hear him but I did.. and I was shocked.. my jaw hanged and I couldn't utter a word.. then finally my voice came back to me..

"Oh my God Shane I'm so sorry" I leaned in my seat and hugged him, my heart breaking in my chest.. "I'm so sorry I've been such  a bitch and.."  but he cut me off..

"you weren't Rosie.. I never hide anything from and I understand it frustrated you.. but I'm just not ready to talk about it yet.."

My heart went out for him.. I never seen Shane like this before.. it was always him the strong one, always there for me.. it just wasn't right..

I was dying to know what happened.. last week when I was skyping with Shane she talked to me, and she was perfectly fine and healthy.. but he said he wasn't ready and I respected that.. I shouldn't push him..

"let's.. let's just go Rosie.." he mumbled..

"should I go back home Shane? You know you don’t have to go yet" I asked him.. really concerned..

He straightened up in his seat and wiped his face with his sleeve.. "no, I'm fine.. it's ok.."

"you sure?"

"yeah I'm sure" he smiled his sweet smile at me reassuringly and I couldn't not smile back.. I wiped my eyes careful not to ruin my makeup and drove again..

*****

We, of course, arrived late.. Shane went out the car and walked straight towards the school building without waiting for me.. I sighed.. It felt so heartbreaking to see him like this. I just don't understand! She was totally fine last week!