Chapter 11: H.E.A.

Start from the beginning

“Thank you,” I reply. “You know I never thanked you for telling me where Sandra was.”

Samantha scoffs. “Don’t mention it.”

She stills for a second. “Seriously, though, don’t mention it. Sandra will have my head if she finds out.”

I laugh. “My lips are sealed.”

***

SANDRA

I’m a nerve wreck. I couldn’t believe the day was finally here. I would be Mrs. Lambert in just a few hours. I haven’t seen Adam the entire day, so far. We were prohibited to mind-link each other too. Kenna and Malia were being taken care of by Logan and Lucy. They had been very kind to offer. I was surprised that Lucy had hired other girls to prep me for my wedding. I found that our hair girl, Lacylynn, would be here today to do my hair and, Alli, from makeup too. A knock on my door brings me out of my thoughts.

“Come in! Unless you’re Adam!” I yell out.

“Not Adam,” I hear a female voice say.

“Sam!” I say.

I look at the long chiffon with a sparkly and plunging top. She wore matching colored heels with a crystal design on the back. She looked beautiful. She wore a simply gold necklace that held the initials of Mason, Andrew, and herself. This time there was another letter. It was a ‘P’ but I didn’t know who it belonged to. I didn’t question it.

“Wow,” I sigh. “You look so beautiful. Thank you for being my maid of honor.”

“It’s an honor, Sandra,” Samantha smiles. “Here. Adam sent this for you.”

She hands me a folded paper. I grin. I take it and open in.

I read:

Sweetheart,

I’ve never been luckier in my whole life. We’re finally going to be a family. The twins, you, and I. We’ll finally get the happily ever after we’ve wanted for a long time. I was dumb to think that I wouldn’t need you by my side. You and the girls are everything to me.

I’m counting the minutes I get to you see walk down the aisle towards me in a white dress. I know you’ll look beautiful, like always. I can’t wait. I love you, baby.

Sincerely,

Adam

I have tears in my eyes that blur my eye sight as I look up to Samantha. I blink, making the tears fall from my eyes.

“This is so touching,” I say. “Gosh, he’s the best.”

“Aww,” Samantha says.

She hugs me. I cry on her shoulder.

“You guys are wonderful together. I’ve seen that the past five months,” Samantha says. “He’s been there for you throughout the pregnant. He helps with the girls. He takes care of you and you do the same.”

I nod in agreement. I couldn’t have said it better myself. I remove myself from Samantha. I don’t want to overwhelm her.

“You’re so good with speeches,” I laugh.

She laughs too.

“Let’s get you ready,” she says.

She walks to the door, opens it to reveals the ladies that will us get ready.