Chapter 2: To Break a Fever

I'm so sorry for making y'all wait so long for this chapter. I finally finished it so here it is!

Song: Paint It, Black by Ciara

Sandra’s POV

I wake up to someone shuffling around in my room. I move my blankets from my face to see the person in my room. I sit up to Samantha in my room.

“What are you doing in here?” I ask with a sleepy voice.

“I didn’t see you at school today and I worried,” she replies. “I made you some soup.”

I notice the tray in her arms. I lift the cover of my bed to cover myself.

“You didn’t have to do that,” I say.

“Yes, I did. You’re burning in fever,” she says.

“I am?” I ask. I check my forward and I realize that it’s true.

“Did you cover me up?” I ask.

“I did,” she says. “To break your fever but it hasn’t worked yet.”

She places the tray on my nightstand. I follow her movements.

“Thank you,” I look at her.

“You’re welcome,” she says. “Eat.”

She leaves the room after that. I look at the tray for the longest time ever. I get up from bed and I go into my closet, pulling out a big t-shirt. I pull it on and I go back to bed. I grab the tray once I’m settled. I eat the warm soup. I moan at how well it feels as it travels through my throat. Wow, she can make a good soup. I finish the soup. I go into the bathroom to take a cold shower to help break the fever. While I’m in the shower, I start thinking. Is having a fever a side-effect of being rejected by your mate? How long will I have the fever? Will it ever go away?

I go out of the shower. I dress back into my bedroom. I choose my gray cashmere sweatpants, my Adidas crop-top, my Nike bra, and black boy shorts. I pull my blonde hair up into a ponytail. I take the tray from my nightstand. I slip on my UGG slippers. I go out of the room to take the tray into the kitchen. I find Samantha in the kitchen with some of the other girls. Samantha turns as she hears me walk in.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” she asks.

“At bit better,” I reply.

She takes the tray from me, placing it near the sink. She grabs the thermometer from the safety kit cabinet. She checks my fever.

“It’s going down but you’re still over a hundred,” she says.

‘What happened? I can see the pain in your eyes and it’s not because of this fever,’ Samantha asks me through mind-link.

I look at her a bit uncomfortable.

‘I don’t want to talk about it right now,’ I reply through mind-link.

“Okay,” she replies out loud.

“Thank you for taking care of me,” I say.

“You’re welcome. Go get some more sleep and cover yourself up,” Samantha says.

“Okay,” I reply. I leave the kitchen.

Mason is making his way into the kitchen when I leave.